General Carowinds discussion
By CarowindsZone
The Red Devil.....Aint we off topic?
By Trev32
yes we are LOL
By Top Gun
Jonathan wrote: One thing they did do for this year that surprised me was modify the waterfall coming down beside the track so that it gets part of the boat absolutely soaked now. The waterfall used to fall so that it didn't even come close to touching the boat, but this year they put something at the top to extend the waterfall out, so now it comes crashing down onto one side of the boat.

Yeah, that is cool. In my opinion though, they need to put back in the cave. Why did they have to take it out? :( Yeah, it needs some major work.
By Dukeis#1
Top Gun wrote: Yeah, that is cool. In my opinion though, they need to put back in the cave. Why did they have to take it out? :( Yeah, it needs some major work.

The cave colapsed a few years back. It was kind of pointless to have though since the waterfall within the cave had not worked in some time.
By CarowindsZone
yeah, funny thing is the tunnel still shows up on the park map.
By Trev32
lol yea it does
By Top Gun
Dukeis#1 wrote:
Top Gun wrote: Yeah, that is cool. In my opinion though, they need to put back in the cave. Why did they have to take it out? :( Yeah, it needs some major work.

The cave colapsed a few years back. It was kind of pointless to have though since the waterfall within the cave had not worked in some time.

Oh realy. Well, it needs one. The ending turn is way to slow, and there are no rapids to it.
By CarowindsZone
I agree, they should bring the tunnel back.
By twistytie
Yeah, if not a tunnel, at least something to spruce up the ride. If only the actual ride was visible from some main path, they could put in those guns or fountains that you put 25 cents into to try and get the riders more wet.
By CarowindsZone
They have some of thoose in the que line/exit line.
By twistytie
They do? I don't spend much time by the ride, so I guess I really didn't notice those...
By Cephas
:( I heard that the cave was taken out because there was a saftey concern.
By twistytie
Yes, if you read the rest of the thread, you'd see that it had collapsed, and was taken out. By the way, welcome to Carowinds Connection.
By Cephas
Sorry, My Fault.
By CarowindsThrills
The ride looks weird without the cave. They really need to do something with that area like add rocks or something. The park has tried to "spice up" the ride by adding quarter water cannons that you can fire on victims. If anyone didn't know they are located at the beginning of the exit line (heading in the direction of the que line. I have noticed (this year) that the intensity of the waterfall, before what was the cave area, has increased.
An interesting thing I noticed is if you look behind the Paladium (near the old cave area) you will notice a little river that probably leads to a filtering station. It looks digusting to me.