General Carowinds discussion
Instead of having year specific threads (that end up disappearing after said years announcement) how about one thread dedicated to those wild rumors, insane speculation and unbelievable stories that we have all heard (and started :lol: :wave: )?

So, here goes . . .

I feel the park isn't finish announcing everything for next year just yet. With the absence if the food fest this year, I think they are revamping it and it will return next year.
coasterbruh wrote:I feel the park isn't finish announcing everything for next year just yet.

Does this mean I get to keep pushing the things I want to see in the park as legitimate rumors until time proves me wrong?

Good.

Zamperla discovery. Obviously that shipment was for us. There are no other answers I will not listen to other opinions.
I think Nickelodeon Central is returning to Carowinds soon and here is why. I was in the Greyhound bus station waiting for a connecting bus when SpongeBob Square Pants walks in and buys a one way ticket to Charlotte. I thought is was kind of odd that he was out of water, but I figured he must have evolved over the years. I approached him and said, 'Hey SpongeBob Square Pants, why are you going to Charlotte? He replied, I'm returning to Carowinds to kick Charlie and Lucy's butts. He then went on a rant about how boring Charlie Brown is, and the fact that many kids don't like him. Oh no, he did not stop there, he started up again about weak gun laws, because in his words, 'broken guns don't defeat zombies on Boo Hill. He declared, if he can't get Mich to fix this dreadful situation, he has a plan for that. He's rehiring Scooby Doo to clean up both hills, Boo and Capital. His plans were quite ambitious, vowing to clean up the over grown plants and zombies in Action Theater and move back in. He was like, If Disney can run the same show in the Haunted Mansion for 50 years with no interruptions, Sponge 4D can run 15 more, or at least until all the 3D glasses have walked away. I said, "you're the man SpongeBob Square Pants", and gave him a high five and ran to catch my bus as it was about to pull away from the terminal.

Now excuse me, it's 8:00 on a Saturday night, and I have i hour before the ABC store closes. You know how those lines get on Friday and Saturday nights.
By Lit
I overheard one of the loading crew on Copperhead Strike say something about Jimmy from Papa Luigi’s was over there behind the Scrambler making out with that new blonde girl at Fury with the funny accent. I was like “whaaaaaaaat? I thought Jimmy was dating Lisa from the Funnel Cake Emporium!?!” They just said “not for long he ain’t” and gave me a big thumbs-up.
gabed wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:I feel the park isn't finish announcing everything for next year just yet.

Does this mean I get to keep pushing the things I want to see in the park as legitimate rumors until time proves me wrong?

Good.

Zamperla discovery. Obviously that shipment was for us. There are no other answers I will not listen to other opinions.

Isn't that how it works lol lol.

Speaking flats, I wonder what happen to the chain going to japan and other asian countries to acquire flats? It seems only Carowinds and Dorney?? Got the European ones.
The next coaster the park receives could have a Monster Jam theme.
https://www.feldentertainment.com/PressRoom/DisplayPressRelease/94602/

Grave Digger Freestyle Run will allow guests to experience backflips, corkscrews, saves and big air moments that the
real Grave Digger drivers experience in their 12,000 lb. Monster Jam trucks during Freestyle competitions.

Interesting...it looks as though they’re looking to open the Ringling brand up to license out...(or something similar)

I’ve felt since they ended Ringling that they should approach a regional attraction operator and do that. The brand is highly recognizable even if a touring circus of that kind isn’t viable any longer.
Afterburn wrote:The next coaster the park receives could have a Monster Jam theme.
https://www.feldentertainment.com/PressRoom/DisplayPressRelease/94602/

Grave Digger Freestyle Run will allow guests to experience backflips, corkscrews, saves and big air moments that the
real Grave Digger drivers experience in their 12,000 lb. Monster Jam trucks during Freestyle competitions.

Six Flags is a more likely assumption.
Coasterphreak wrote:Six Flags is a more likely assumption.

Why would you think that? Cedar Fair already partnered with Feld Entertainment and put Monster Jam events in three parks this year.

Cedar Fair CEO Richard Zimmerman said “Partnering with Feld Entertainment brings together two of the world’s premier entertainment companies. The combination of our shared capabilities will enhance our ability to deliver an even broader and more immersive guest experience. The opportunity to bring Monster Jam Thunder Alley exclusively to our parks represents the first installment of our strategic collaboration and is another demonstration of Cedar Fair’s commitment to delivering unique guest experiences, while also introducing our parks to Monster Jam’s legion of worldwide fans. We look forward to further collaboration on additional compelling entertainment and experiences.”

https://ir.cedarfair.com/news/news-deta ... fault.aspx
Cameron wrote:I'd be happy with the grave digger wing coaster.

Not really into monster jam or know anything about it.

Unless the ride is built on a legit cemetery with a legit guy with a shovel, it just won't be realistic. :roll:
The floorless Vortex speculation couldn't have been further from the truth and did nothing but distract us from what's really coming next. The dippin' dots guy said it's actually a "topless" Vortex conversion coming for 2021. The over-the-shoulder restraints will be replaced by seat belts and lap bars which will integrate with the existing bicycle seats leaving riders free from restraint from the waist up. There will be optional bicycle-style handlebars for those that feel like they must hold on to something. The ride will be re-themed to a BMX-bicycling ride and enjoy synergy with the new mobile freestyle BMX stunt show which will move around the park much like the Holly Jolly Trolley does during Winterfest. The night security guard at Cabellas said the name is still being focus grouped but the standout is Carolina Stuntbiker to align with neighboring Carolina Goldrusher.
Here's what is going to happen. Little additions this year and for 2021 but for 2022, oh boy. Here it is:

THUNDER ROAD IS COMING BACK

The one poster in the Blue Ridge Kitchen about the Thunder Road dragway is hinting toward something in 2022 and I think that a GCI Thunder Road (possibly even dueling) will come to the park that year. It would be a fantastic way to draw crowds for Carowind's 50th in 2023.
I'm thinking that coming in the year 2075, Carowinds will be getting a dome structure over the entire park with upgraded lighting allowing the park to stay open 24 hours. You will be able to get your coaster fix when the need hits you at 3am.
chknwing wrote:I'm thinking that coming in the year 2075, Carowinds will be getting a dome structure over the entire park with upgraded lighting allowing the park to stay open 24 hours. You will be able to get your coaster fix when the need hits you at 3am.

Related:
- laws updated to allow workers 12-hour shifts without overtime.
- Season Pass and related dining plan prices doubled to account for increased available time.