General Carowinds discussion
By Wu-Tang
Zagreus from CarowindsZone Forums says "The name will be announced next year. Just a few more weeks of speculation" is there fact to this. I hope not cause im bout to S**t my draws. We have been waiting to long. They should have updated the site by now.
By Dukeis#1
On Coasterbuzz, there apparently some info about the coaster being themed to Flying.

They also claim Dec. 17 will be the date of Name release:

Look Here:

<a href='http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?mode=thread&TopicID=34995' target='_blank'>http://www.coasterbuzz.com/forum.aspx?mode...d&TopicID=34995</a>
By Jonathan
Yes, the name will be announced in January. And to Duke, rollergator said he was merely speculating, so I wouldn't really say that's hot info.
By Dukeis#1
Oh. my mistake. That's what I get for power-reading.
By ghettopastries
Yeah - expect the name to be announced after the holidays... Most likely January, like Johnathan said.
By Wu-Tang
"Wright Flight" i think that is the stupidest name ever.
By Cephas
Then why would the track be painted green.

Tan and black though would be good colors for a Wright brothers theme. Wouldn't it be in the Carolina Bordwalk though?
By ghettopastries
And that is exactly why, Cephas, that it is not themed to the Wright Brothers ;)
By Cephas
Oh wait, Duh, there's not enough room in the bordwalk, but they would at least try to connect it to that area though, wouldn't they. Their not, so it is not "Wright Flight"

Watch the name be something random that nobody has talked about yet.
By coasterbruh
First of all the title alone shows a lost of creditibility (SP??) when he said that carowindszone forums said so.....................like im gonna believe anything posted on that site!!! It just puzzles me how some people revolve their lives around a theme park dropping a name of a coaster. And its not just people here, im at other forums and i see the same things. People tryin to Crack theme park codes., people searching threw patents just to see what a park is hiding. Comon guys, its not that serious. Regardless how soon or how late they release the name you still cant ride it till NEXT SEASON!!

Im gonna surf the net for some hobbies for some people to have constructive things to do in their spare time.............

-The Critical One-
By Trev32
Wright Flight? ookk if it is going to be themed to a flying thing then it's probably going to be Airplane:The Ride
By montumax
Yes, January is the planned time for the announcement. I'm not for sure what week it will be announced. Just stay tuned. (I got the info for the update that I'm doing for the ACE SouthEast regional newsletter.)

Max
By Dukeis#1
Trev32 wrote: Wright Flight? ookk if it is going to be themed to a flying thing then it's probably going to be Airplane:The Ride

I'd love AIRPLANE!:The Ride! That would be like Carowinds spoofing itself! Doubt it though since that movie is over 20 years old now. (But, Top Gun was over a decade old when Paramount named a ride after it, so who knows)

I Hope that it will be themed to the Wright Brother's First Flight. Actually tie a little history into the park.
By Trev32
Hey duke weren't you the guy that came up with the Airplane!:the ride idea?
By Dukeis#1
Maybe I did on a day when one of my alter-egos was in control. :blink: