General Carowinds discussion
By CarowindsZone
No, the riverboat should stay even if it was used as only as a decoration.
By ghettopastries
Can't you just let it go? The park wanted to keep it, but it got damaged. I am sure they reviewed the costs to repair it and decided that the money would be better spent for something else.
By Dukeis#1
I Really don't think it would have cost that much to repair a Hole, particularly since the boat was no longer going to actually have to float anymore. Simply would have been jacked up on stilts.
By CarowindsZone
I agree with Dukeis#1!
By Trev32
Dukeis#1 wrote:I Really don't think it would have cost that much to repair a Hole, particularly since the boat was no longer going to actually have to float anymore.  Simply would have been jacked up on stilts.

i agree
By wrbcltnc
I had hoped the River boat could have been incorperated into the new theme for Stealth. Tomb Raider or First Flight themes would have been rather easy to do but a Star Trek theme would have made the boat look totally out of place. I think this had more to do with the boat being removed than a hole in the hull. The boat was never going to move again so it could be mounted to the bottom of the river if needed.
By Trev32
hey that's a good idea wrbcltnc,that's what they should have done, but to put it w/ the star trek thing they could have made it look like a spaceship or somthing LOL