Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I havent really done a trip report for a while and I dont really care to do them for Carowinds, because its just the same thing basically but I thought I would just write something up really fast. I went to the park today and arrived after 1pm. To my surprise there was absolutely NO LINE for intimidator, so I rode it twice, then headed over to windseeker and rode it, no like there at all either. I then went to the water-park, since the last weekend will be next weekend and I am guessing if its like memorial day weekend, it will be PACKED so I will be avoiding the park next weekend, so I thought why not have one last trip to the water-park. The older wave pool was closed for whatever reason, so I made my way over to the new pool and put my things down. I got in the wave pool and got bounced around in what I refer to as the human "washing machine". I then headed over to the lazy river and floated around. Then I went back to my chair and sat for a while and relaxed. I didn't really do a whole lot this trip just wanted to get away and relax a bit. Spent some time there got back in the pool and then walked out of the water park. They have minimally started the Cornstalkers maze on the putt putt corse. I also wondered over to see the zombie high school building, makes me wonder where the entrance for it will be, but I am guessing they will just open the "employees only" gates... not sure? I didnt go anywhere else in the park this trip, just back under nighthawk and out the gate. There really isnt much going on for Scarowinds as of yet, which was a bit surprising. They do have the new themeing for the new area in front of Intimidator, but nothing major. There were a few "bodies" around and grave stones but that is about all. On the way out I saw some of the stakes going out of the exit from the SP lot and they seem to go all the way out to the road at the giant Carowinds sign, so this definately seems like a new road to go to the park and what I think will be modified parking lots etc. for next year....

Thats about it I didnt really do much today but I had a fun time in the sun for a few hours and I got to ride Intimidator so I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY! :lol:
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Oh yea... while I was on Intimidator I decided to try my app on my phone called "my tracks" which logs basically a map and data where you have been, such as speed and distance. I turned the app on and put my phone in my pocket and this is what it logged:

Just thought it was neat. The speed only said 43mph at the max so I guess the GPS speed tracking cant keep up, which I have tried a speedometer app and it couldnt keep up either, I think its because the top speed is hit so fast. I will try the app again sometime and see if I get different results though.
Attachments
1235923_572660259437883_1625829093_n.jpg
1235923_572660259437883_1625829093_n.jpg (39.47 KiB) Viewed 3783 times