Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
I guess this is sorta like a trip report. But instead of going "in" the park, I went over it. Me and fellow CC'r D.R. took the "Flyin Eye" over Carowinds today to update what's going on in the park. Never went on their property, just 400 high along the outer fringes to check out the Xtreme Flyer.

As you can see in this pic, ground clearing has begun in the area beside Intimidator's lift. Seems like I heard it was going to be a beer hall or something similar to a fest haus. Is it really a good idea to put a beer place beside a hyper coaster? Stock up on the mops & red sawdust Intimidator crew, lol. Also, do we think they could finish this in 5 weeks? Maybe they are shooting for a May opening instead of March.

The Shortline RR also appears to be missing. Hard to tell. Anyone? What a sad day if this were to be removed. Another original attraction lost? I hope I'm wrong.

Also, I am sad to see the GR8 SK8 gone. It opened in 1990 in the same spot it retired in 24 years later. These Huss Rainbow rides are increasingly becoming harder to find. Is it possible they just relocated it somewhere else in the park?

Anyway. I can't beleive the park opens in just 5 weeks! Then I will be going "in" and not "over".
Attachments
SwampFox, GR8 was a Chance Falling Star. Huss Rainbow look bigger but both deliever the same type of ride. I do see the actual train in the picture along with some track, it's depot and the "tunnel".
I hope we get to keep the train even if it's track is shorten again. It looks like the ground has also been cleared under Intimidator, I highly doubt they would route the train under Intimidator
Thanks for the clarification RollerBee. Now that you said that, seems I do remember it being a Chance ride. And yes, the trains cars are still visible so my hope is that they will re-route the train. So the larger plot of land will be Chickie's & Pete's Crab Shack & Sports Bar possibly?