Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
By arby
So I've been completely slacking with providing updates and content for Carowinds Connection. I dropped some people off at Carowinds Memorial Day weekend and went back to get some shots of Boomerang Bay. At least this is close to the time that I was there. Hope you enjoy.

Here we are at Boomerang Bay for opening weekend. Beware of all those native kangaroos.

The never ending view of brightly colored umbrellas. Well, at least from this specific spot.

While you are here, you will want to pick up a boomerang hand made by a local native Carolinian.
If you weren't aware, the Carolinas are well known for their boomerangs.

This year you can use advanced technology to rent a locker by squeezing into an extremely small area along with the rest of the population of Fort Mill to wait in line to use one of the few machines. A helpful live person is standing by to point the next person to the empty spot. As a reward to this new streamlined process, you are required to spend more than you previously had to.

As of Memorial Day weekend, the new 'toilet bowl' slide was mostly in place although far from being ready to open. Note the fresh, bright colors.

Speaking of bright colors, note the lack of bright colors on the existing slides that haven't seen any TLC in the past 14 years that I have been coming to the park.

Fortunately, other areas of Boomerang Bay do have fresh, bright colors.

Going...

...going...

...gone. Well almost.

I didn't know that elephants had nozzles.

Does all this water make you want to go?

You can certainly make a big splash.

Ok, so maybe bright colors are over rated. Where are my shades?

...and so do frozen pretzels.

Well, I never have been a big fan of water parks. So we'll end with a few coaster shots. What's better than a few coasters?

Our infamous Thunder Road

...and what the Carolinas are know for, their large number of native cobras. It's true. I saw it on Wikipedia.

Our classic Carolina Cyclone.

And our recently neutered and now air-time-less and once again boring Hurler.

You also won't want to miss our new-for-2015 Carolina Centurion Fury 325, a world record breaking giga winged looping launched coaster.