Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
We made our first trip to Carowinds today. Overall it was a good time. I grew up in Cleveland so i was spoiled growing up going to Cedar Point ever year. In my mid twenties I moved to Cincinnati and then had Kings Island as my home park. So needless to say the bar was set very high. Here were my takeaways from my visit today:

Positives
Park was very clean. Not quite Disney clean but still very clean.
Even though it was very busy it did not feel overcrowded at all
Woodstock Gliders from Kings Island was cool to ride.
Harmony Hall was near empty around 7:15 when we ate dinner. My son has a milk allergy and they were very accomodating at leting us mix up the combos to items he could eat.
The ride operators in Snoopy land were great and interacted with the riders during most of the rides.
Got there at open and was able to get a parking spot right outside the south gate.
Left at 10:05 and got back to our hotel across the street at 10:10.

Negatives
Most employees were very rude. I did not expect Disney type employees but come on.
Location of the waterpark is terrible. No quick or easy way to get to it.
Changing rooms were filthy
Some of the rides are in desperate need of some TLC (especially the woodstock express)
Bought 4 refillable mugs and one out of the four when we tried to get a refill said we needed to pay $.99. We were on the other side of the park and our receipts were back at the cabana. You would think we were trying to pull a fast one by the way the employees were treating us over it. Hard to believe their system does not account for when a mug is purchased.
The park seemed to lack character. Nothing appeared to have a theme as everything just blended together.
Actually the system does tell them if the cup was purchased day of. My wife learned that the hard way,the employee charged her more than the 99 cents for the refill too. Some employees however will refill cups with no questions or scanning asked.