Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
By Merthecat
I went on Sunday, October 19th to SCarowinds, and here are my opinions of all the mazes and scare zones:

Mazes:

7th Ward:
Very good. Well-staffed. Nice upgrade from The Asylum. I thought it was interesting that you go in the side and exit through the front, but despite that, it's my new favorite maze.

Last Laff:
Pretty good, but lacking the scare factor. (or at least for me, because I'm not scared of clowns) I sense that this year will be it's last laff. ( :P )

CornStalkers:
Pretty good, but a bit understaffed compared to last year. Also, the chainsaws need to be upgraded back to what they used to be a few years ago. They're too obviously fake.

Zombie High School:
The theme is pretty cheesy (especially the name) but they managed to make something pretty good out of it. Not sure I like the delay in the line for photos by the school bus, though.

Viral:
Terrible. Waaaaayyyyyy understaffed (I only saw like 10 total monsters in the whole thing) and that makes it kind of boring.

Silver Scream Sinema:
Pretty good, but too many SCarowinds workers who weren't monsters in the maze. (I guess they're just to keep people in line?)

Defex:
Good, but also a bit understaffed.

Scare zones:

The Playground:
Good, but not quite as good as last year, I don't think. The addition of the Skeleton Key room on the bridge takes away some of the space for the monsters to roam around, who weren't quite as high in number as I remember them being last year.

Mass Acres:
Very underwhelming. Too easy to walk through without being scared.

Blood Yard:
Awesome! Well-staffed and quite long! Although I have no idea why they put a monster in one of the dumpster-thingies to just stand there and look threatening...she could have been out scaring people.

Scary Tales:
Kinda cheesy...it's too spread out; they need to make it less of a choice of where you want to go.

London Terror:
Was pretty good last year, but not this year. Not enough monsters.

Of course, this was on a Sunday night, so it's probably better on a Saturday, but I don't have the patience to wait in ridiculously long lines so I don't go on Saturdays.

Predictions for next year:

Losses:
Last Laff

Additions:
2 new mazes
Improvement of Mass Acres