Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
So...I found out Alan, Doug and John were gonna be in my backyard/playground, orlando, (even though I live in sc...long story lol) so I kinda invited myself along to accompany them at universal studios and islands of adventure on thursday. Now, this was my first time doing the parks with more than one person and first time with folks who haven't been to the park ever or in over 10 years. I arrive to the park, valet the car and headed straight to the studios. Aka. Was the first one there and ended up on the islands of adventure side. He finally made it over to the studios side where he met me at guest services. Since I own universal, I was able to secure some comp'ed express passes for the group since we would be tackling both parks in one day.

Doug and John showed uo and, of course, ended up on the islands side as well lol. Now Doug has been to the park but its been forever ago so the entire park looks new to him. We got inside the gates and headed straight towards Diagon Alley. We get to the back and all we see is random london facades. A lot of people end up passing Diagon Alley and wonder where it is...but just like in the movie, its hidden behind the brick wall. Making it they the secret passage we stopped and took it all in...

What are they looking at??? Why this amazing marvel of perfection!

Its such an amazing place and you wouldn't know its hidden behind the well placed facades. In fact, they have a cast member directing people to the entrance. We headed straight to gringotts for fear it already had a long line. Lucky for us it was only at a 20 minute wait. After some more rides, it was 11:00 am and time foe some food and alcohol. One thing I love about universal is the abundance of bars around. Cedar fair is trash cans on every corner, universal has bars! We de iced to have lunch at cowfish, http://www.thecowfish.com, which was a great decision. I had the dynamic duo which was amazing...and a mule.

We went back to the studios, rode some more then took the Hogwarts Express to hogsmead to ride some more! We had to convince Alan the the jurassic park river adventure didn't get you that wet...only to for me to come off pretty much soaked lol. It had to have been broke or something...away, got all the rides done in islands then back from some dusk shots in Diagon Alley...

It was time for the park to close so the Harry Potter fanatics to take over the park for a private event. Alan had dinner reservations with his wife in Italy so Doug, John and myself decided to have a little taste of Italy for ourselves...

That has to be some of the best pizza I have ever had. Well the day was over and I can't wait to do it again!
I love Cowfish! Yum!

Looks like y'all had fun. IOA is my all-time favorite park. I've been to Universal Studios in CA (like a million years ago), but not in Florida. That's on my list for the future.

I'm impressed with the pull that Jarvis has to get those special passes. :)
We all had a great time and thanks to Jarvis for securing the Express passes. Those enabled us to hit all the major attractions and coasters in the single day. I enjoyed them all, especially the moment when, on the ET ride, the little grey guy spoke out the faux names we had given... "thaaaannnkkk uuuuu wooormmeee".

The Harry Potter areas in both parks are truly amazing. I'm not even a fan of the movies and I thought the whole area was astounding. Uni cut no corners here and it shows. The areas are easily on par with anything Disney has done.

Here are some pics (video to come soon!):