Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
By Coaster_Crazy09
My husband and I live in Honolulu and decided to take a trip to Wet n Wild Hawaii this past Sunday. We got there around 10:30 when the park opened and decided to get gold passes. A regular day park admission is 49.99 and a gold pass is 74.99. With all the perks included like a free suvinor cup with 1.50 refills all season it was the better offer. The park wasn't very busy which was good for us since they close at 4 pm. We went straight and got a locker for our things. The prices were a bit high at 14 dollars for the day. We got a dollar off because our gold pass and got 5 dollars back at the end of the day when returning the key. So the overall cost was 8 dollars.

Now I've been to Emerlad pointe many Times so I wanted to see how this compared. This place was a much smaller foot print but had a lot to do. The wave pool was maybe half the size of Emerlad Pointe and the waves were tiny, but had a great rock wall water fall that was a nice touch. They also had a slide just like the Edge but theirs was called Shaka.

All the slides were open and waits were no more than 15 minutes. The lazy river was beautiful with water falls all the way around and a 21 and older bar in the middle which was cool but I don't drink. A lot of the major rides were up high on top of a rock wall, which made for a great view of the island at the top.

After riding a few slides which were a lot of fun. I loved the raging river where all four of us got into a large float and rode together. It was really fast and went really high up the walls and got completly soaked. We headed to play mini golf, which we get to play for free because we got the gold pass. Its was nice down time and relaxing.

I didn't eat any food while we were there but I'm sure we will in the future because we get a 10% discount. Overall I really enjoyed my time. The park was very clean and the slides were all maintained and painted beautifully. They had pretty much everything Emerald point has except they had a surfrider, which I didn't try. I'm looking forward to returning next weekend.
Attachments
The blue slide is Raging river
Tornado is the red one on top. Lots of fun!
Surfrider
By Coaster_Crazy09
Thanks. I wished we had roller coasters. Not much of a water park guy. Here are a few more pictures.
Attachments
Tornado
Island Racer
By MarkD
Those pics make me miss Hawaii even more. Thanks for those.

I thought the same thing you were thinking about coasters but then I thought about it and it would be hard for a park to make it there. Sure, you have tons of tourists but as much as it costs to vacation there I can't see families having the extra cash to go to a big park.
By Coaster_Crazy09
Actually I'd say the tourists would go more than the locals if we had one. Most of our tourists are Japanese and they spend a lot of money here. The locals have a lot less to spend because its so expensive to live here. The prices are much higher because everything is shipped in on a boat. I looked at the reviews on Google and most locals were complaining that the water park prices were to high. A lot of tourist go to the water park and sea life park. There are shuttles from Waikiki to both parks.
By arby
If they would build a park like Family Kingdom with a couple of coasters, I bet it would do well. It has no admission to the park, you only have to pay if you want to ride. Families on vacation tend to spend at least a few hours doing something like that to keep the kids happy.
By swampfox43
Way back in the day, Hawaii had an amusement park called Waikiki Park in Honolulu. I've got an old map from 1927 showing it on Ena Rd. They even had a Bobs coaster designed by Fred Church, best known for his Airplane Coaster (among others) at Rye Playland. Of course this was 1927, Hawaii was much different then.
By Coaster_Crazy09
I actually saw that. I was sitting at McDonald's in Waikiki looking at old photos on the walls. And spotted a wooden roller coaster. I went home and looked it up. It was so exciting and awesome.