Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
By aoriole19
I left the United States for the first time to do an MIT program in Italy starting January 9, and naturally I took advantage of the opportunity to go to Gardaland on January 8. Out of 4 of the big roller coasters that could have opened, only 2 of them did. :cry: Oblivion and Raptor stayed closed all day because it was too cold.

It was still a fun day though! It was a very cute park. Here are my pictures. (disclaimer: I'm not very good at taking pictures)

Glad I'm in the right place! (My trip there wasn't perfect- I may have overestimated my ability to travel alone in a foreign country essentially without a cell phone, but I did make it there eventually)

Another sign

This is cute. I think they did a good job with the Christmas/winter theme. Lots more pics of the holiday-themed stuff:

Not sure if that broom is supposed to be an arm, or what. He only has one ):

I love the expressions on their faces.

A real horse! So cool

Ahh, finally getting to the good stuff

I've never been on a dive coaster, and I was excited for this one (Oblivion: The Black Hole). There was clearly a lot of themeing around the station. But it never opened RIP

I don't really remember where I took this picture. I assume it's the entrance to their waterpark. It's cool regardless.

Blue Tornado, a white roller coaster.

I thought this was a cool angle at the time I took the picture.

MAMMUT!

I think part of their park was space-themed. They had a space-themed drop tower, and whatever this this is. I suppose the whole "Black Hole" thing also connects Oblivion with that theme. I didn't realize this until now.

Best friends forever

I haven't really decided how I feel about white roller coasters, but I have decided that two in one park is unnecessary. Not as unnecessary as two boomerangs in one park though... *coughSFNEcough*

I've never been on a double-decker carousel before!

This was actually my first and last ride of the day

What inversion is this? Double in-line twist?? They always look very strange to me and for some reason every time I look at it I think it doesn't look very enjoyable..

This little playground area is a nice touch

I was worried I'd get yelled at for going on the swings because I was too big

"Patrick that's not a ride"

This is a little scary honestly

One of their 4D rides. I liked it- who doesn't love Scrat from Ice Age?? They played this dinosaur song on loop at the queue and it was really catchy but really annoying after 5 minutes. I couldn't imagine working this ride and only hearing one song all day :shock:

I see you

Very big. Lots of presents could fit under it

This was their version of Boo Blasters. Pretty good ride, better than ours in my opinion. I had a great time competing against myself (I won).

Even the Egyptian pharoah celebrates Christmas

Never been on a screaming squirrel ride either. But this one was closed, and wasn't even on the list to possibly open.

Closed.

Still closed.

Wait, I still have more pictures of the Christmas decorations!

By aoriole19
Don't worry, there's more!!

They had an entire section dedicated to Kung Fu Panda. I wanted to see one of the Kung Fu Panda shows they had throughout the day but the timing never worked out for me.

My first roller coaster of the day (and year!) was the Kung Fu Panda spinning coaster. It was pretty fun!

The themeing in the queue was awesome too! I love stuff like that.

Who wouldn't ride something called Mr. Ping's Noodle Surprise??

Ok so it was actually a pretty cool way to theme a spinning teacups ride.

A credit.

When I say flying, you say dutchman!! (It didn't go backwards- doesn't Peanuts Pirates go backwards?)

The pirates also have festive lights. They had a cool pirate-themed indoor water ride. It was actually pretty scary. The scariest part was this Loch Ness Monster type thing, but it had a human-like face?? It stared into my soul.

They had a pretty good kiddie section!

They had these cookies in every shop and I finally gave in.

I thought this was a really cool angle but the net thing ruins it

Oh no, the sun is setting ):

Hanging out with all my friends

I loved this! It ended up being the wrong way because I was being picked up at a different entrance, but it was worth walking through.

Bye </3

OK I SAVED MY FAVORITE PART FOR LAST

doot doot
thank mr skeltal
merry dootmas

Clown-Santa-skeleton is 3 spoopy 5 me
By coasterbruh
Looks like you had fun with all your friends hahaha. So you only got two coasters? The two smallest?
By aoriole19
I got the 2 small ones, plus Mammut and Blue Tornado, which both only opened for a few hours. I guess they have different temperature requirements than Oblivion and Raptor. I'm not sure how that works.