Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By bgwfreak
<a href='http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/291673.html#recent_comm' target='_blank'>http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/291673.html#recent_comm</a>

They look like gigantic cookies!

I personally support the light rail, but this...no.
By arjaybee
That's going to need one helluva glass of milk... :D
By Thriller
That has got to be one of the ugliest pieces of city art display I have ever seen!
By kewlaidkiddd
Thats what those things are? I drive by them every day at work... I thought they were some part of the lightrail that were just sitting there until they installed them underground.
By Foghorn-Leghorn
ha.. right out of Flintstones
By Davidtmp
You gotta be kidding me! THIS is why the project is over budget, crap like this they call art!
By Jonathan
lol. Did anyone really expect Charlotte to understand art?

The words Charlotte and culture don't mix.
By Thriller
A nice tree or a pile of dog crap would look better than this nasty art!
By evaninmatthews
By next year the will be taken down because of grafitti
By bgwfreak
Maybe Cedar Fair will send us the scrap wood from Big Diper to build a sculpture. :rolleyes:
By chargercrazy
BOOOOOOO Wes.
By montumax
Okay the dreadful opening act is over with bring on van halen! where you at wes? this is max reporting live from van halen!
By nyxmike
Well a certain percentage of money, like 1 or 2%, goes to art for the light rail project, so this has nothing to do with "cost overruns". In fact, compared to other light rail projects through out the country, our project has had the least amount of cost overruns (and every construction project has them - look at 485). Steel and concrete are very expensive right now thanks to China.

The disks, well, they are different, and that is all I have to say... :D

Anyways, if you are pro-transit and live in Mecklenburg County, please go out and vote AGAINST the repeal this November! It is very important to vote!
By Davidtmp
Yeah Mike, I know the overruns aren't related, but this "art" has got to be looked into! I mean, there is a giant bunny buried on Wendover! I am all for making the city look good! Hell, put 2 disks painted black together with some cream in the middle, call it an Oreo!
I'm ok with the transit tax, gotta get this city growing more dense to get more tax revenue. A lot of people don't see that. Maybe they should play Sim City and maybe they could understand more.
By bgwfreak
montumax wrote: Okay the dreadful opening act is over with bring on van halen! where you at wes? this is max reporting live from van halen!

I was up in 232 having a good ol time.

The opening act wasn't as bad as I expected actually.

Joss Stone was worse for the Stones I thought.