Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By chargercrazy
<a href='http://wjz.com/local/local_story_282225539.html' target='_blank'>http://wjz.com/local/local_story_282225539.html</a>

Rider Calls 911 From Stopped Coaster At Six Flags

Denise Koch
Reporting

(WJZ) LARGO, Md. Passengers on board a roller coaster that got stuck in the air are sharing their terrifying experience.

The incident happened on the "Two Face, The Flip Side" ride at six flags in Largo in Prince George's County.

Now-- newly released 9-1-1 tapes give new insight about the terrifying ordeal.

Three times in four years, the Six Flags roller coaster has left people dangling.

Denise Koch reports last weekend, French McGee lost confidence workers would ever get him down and called 911 from his mobile phone.

Dispatcher: Prince George's County Emergency Service.

McGee: We're in Six Flags, Great Adventure and the...ride is stuck. And we're probably about 15, 30 stories up in the air stuck.

The call taker tried to confirm where he was.

Dispatcher: What city is that?

McGee: What City?

Dispatcher: Um, hmm

McGee: Six Flags!

Two hours later, when workers finally brought the ride down manually, it raced to the bottom and braked violently enough to leave a dozen people injured.

Two of them badly enough to be rushed to the hospital.

"The jerk was so hard I was like, oh my God are we alright. I really didn't think we were going to be alright. I thought they were going to kill us up there," said Chadell Haywood.

In hindsight, McGee wishes they found some other way to get them down.

Dispatcher: How long have you been up there?

McGee:...Like 40 minutes, 45 minutes.

Dispatcher: Ok, we're going to get somebody out there, ok?

The ride has been shut down since Saturday night while investigators try to determing what caused the accident.
By coasterbruh
Dumb asses...when did six flags become a city?
By Jonathan
lol.

This article doesn't mention the only part of the incident that was actually concerning. When it came down a hydraulic line came loose spraying fluid all over riders.
By Thriller
You hear a lot about Six Flags and Disney having safety problems. Is it bad luck or just piss poor management and the lack preventive Maintenance? I'm glad Paramount and Cedar Fair try harder at safety that Six Flags!!!
By Jonathan
The thing is, aside from the hydraulic line, this wasn't a safety problem really. Quite the opposite, in fact. The train was "stuck" on the lift because a safety mechanism triggered, preventing the ride from running.
By bgwfreak
This is the 3rd time that I know of Face/Off i mean Two Face doing this.

It did it a week after I got the credit in 2003. LOL

I don't get why it does it so often and Face/Off never does...oh wait, it's at Six Flags. Silly me.