Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By cwgator
tarheel1231 wrote:I guess we know the answer to this question..... Lol

All I can say is- RMC! RMC! RMC!

Yeah don't get your hopes up on that one. The parks are cutting costs where they can. Financially it would be just poor decision making to put any more money into this coaster (other than demolition). There is so much they can do with that area, including building a nice minimal maintenance B&M Hyper or Giga which Florida needs period. I just hope the parks can get it together soon and don't get sold again or even worse split up....perish the thought.
By cwgator
Interesting find from the Orlando Sentinel. Wood from Gwazi is being re-purposed around the FL parks.

Parts of Busch Gardens' Wooden Coaster Are Recycled At Theme Parks

Gwazi lives! The bone-rattling, two-sided wooden roller coaster closed at Busch Gardens last year. But parts of the attraction are having another go-round in some unexpected places within SeaWorld Orlando.

Refinished planks from the thrill ride, which opened in 1999, can now be seen in the fencing that leads up to SeaWorld's new Manatee Rehabilitation area that opened to the public last week.

Gwazi boards are also used on exterior posts at the open-air SeaWorld Rescue store near the entrance of the theme park.

The wood stayed closer to home in some instances. It has been utilized in several places at Tampa attractions, officials say, including signage for Egypt's market area at Busch Gardens theme park and at the Colossal Snacks locations at the adjacent Adventure Island water park.

On a side note, it looked quite intact from what I could see from the main pathways a couple weeks ago (minus the signage):

By RollerBee
So they expect me to believe that they are going out to Gwazi and pulling boards off the ride to use else where.....
Yeah and those pieces of Thunder Road that Carowinds was selling prior to the ride coming down were from the actual ride....
More than likely it is(was in TR's case) wood that was brought for the wooden coaster but but not used. Now if they wood have said that they are reusing the rails from Gwazi in landscaping around the parks, I would have believed it.
By Edwardo
Because you're such an expert about how things really work. Oh, sorry, I forgot. You whine to the mods any time I reply to you because you can't handle it.

Move along.
By FamousAmos
I've never been to the park, so I've never been on these coasters, but do any of you think that this one is worth getting the "RMC Treatment"?
By cwgator
It would probably be less of a headache to build one from scratch. The wood that's left probably isn't as salvageable as other parks due to FL weather/humidity for another coaster...plus it's been sitting for an extended time. I think a steel structure would work better there.
By cwgator
FamousAmos wrote:Perhaps use a steel structure and wood track like the Voyage at Holiday World?

If not RMC, they could even go back with GCI with a steel Structure if they wanted too. White Lightning over at Fun Spot in Orlando is GCI with a steel structure and it's working out great, tho it is a smaller scaled coaster, but packs a good punch. Plus BGW is going with GCI for Invadr so you never know.

If it's not a wooden coaster replacing Gwazi one company they may stay clear from for awhile is Intamin as the last 2 installments were let downs at the beginning with all the delays. Cheetah Hunt still goes down frequently (as it did while I was in line for it 2 weeks ago and didn't get to ride); still a great ride when it's up and running. Of course when you build prototypes that's bound to happen. I'm hoping we get a giga since Seaworld got the hyper. One can dream.

It will be a couple years at least before they do anything with Gwazi's spot since they just did Cobra's Curse. The next project will most likely be for the 54" crowd and up since the last 2 coasters have been more family friendly. #fingerscrossed
By coasterbruh
I'm not buying the fla weather thing at all. Several parks in fla have had, and still have, wooden track and support coasters. Several parks in the world with the same, if not worst, temp and weather fla has are able to maintain their coasters. I just think the park didn't know how or didn't want to really take care of it like you have to. As far as rmc . . . They're couldn't be a more perfect coaster for it. You see what they did with colossus so imagine what they could do with gwazi!
By FamousAmos
Quick!
Someone use no limits 2! Haha. I might give it a try at some point and see what I can come up with.