Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
As much as you travel, Jay, you may want to consider Verizon. They're the most expensive but we have them because they have the best coverage around the country. Otherwise, I would have a different provider.

I loved my 1st generation LTE droid but the battery sucked. It always died at an amusement park, even after swapping batteries that I had to remember to carry. They love the new Samsung S5 and claim the battery is better. I don't like it because it's too big for me. I'll stick by my iPhone 5 for now, that seems to be the perfect 'amusement park friendly' size. The battery is also exceptional. I also look forward to them being more 'unlocked' after the new OS comes out soon.

As Jay mentioned, ads are largely dependent on your recent search history. Remember, being connected to the Internet removes some of your privacy.
Jay, I know you said droid but with a 2 year contract (from any provider) the iPhone 4s is free. Just a suggestion, it's a great phone, I've had mine since it was released something like 2 years ago and it still works just fine.
I don't know if I would get an iPhone 4. It's a good phone but I suspect all of the developers are building apps now for the 5 and you're gonna find more and more that they won't run very stable (or fast) on the 4's. I was already starting to have some problems with mine struggling to run some apps and I upgraded to the 5 a few months ago.
Working in the mobile device industry for a few years, you have to understand that sure your phone can update to the new software and download apps however at the end of the day your phone is going to either slow down, freeze up, force close apps, or simply shut down because it wasn't built to handle upgrades. I held on to my iPhone 3GS for years upgraded the software to ios7 and two months later it killed itself. I never had a problem with the phone until I upgraded. it's what the industry does to keep you purchasing new devices.
Personally I wouldn't recommend anything less than the 5s since it seems you keep your phones a long time. I've had my 5 over 1 1/2 years and it's still going strong. I expect to get at least another 1 1/2 years out of it before I upgrade.

I checked with a friend of mine who keeps up with Android stuff and he recommends a Samsung Galaxy S5 or HTC One M8. Try to stay away from the cheap Android phones as you usually get what you pay for. You'll probably end up replacing it sooner.
And for the record, I'd rather my name not be used on that site at all. It took me long enough to stop his spam emails. I don't want anything tied to that place.
Jarsh wrote:And for the record, I'd rather my name not be used on that site at all. It took me long enough to stop his spam emails. I don't want anything tied to that place.

Amen! I thought I was the only one who does not care for the 3 letter place.

Get ya a new Windows 8.1 phone. I absolutely love mine. Of course I like being different.
Jarsh wrote:And for the record, I'd rather my name not be used on that site at all. It took me long enough to stop his spam emails. I don't want anything tied to that place.

:mrgreen: Understood. I tried to remove your name but it's everywhere now. It's too late! Image