Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
pproteinc wrote:Working in the mobile device industry for a few years, you have to understand that sure your phone can update to the new software and download apps however at the end of the day your phone is going to either slow down, freeze up, force close apps, or simply shut down because it wasn't built to handle upgrades. I held on to my iPhone 3GS for years upgraded the software to ios7 and two months later it killed itself. I never had a problem with the phone until I upgraded. it's what the industry does to keep you purchasing new devices.

You cannot install iOS 7 on an iPhone 3GS.
This is completely random but I was going to see if you guys had any suggestions.

I have a 22 year old friend that has never ridden a roller coaster. I took him to Carowinds 4 years ago and I couldn’t get him to ride ANYTHING. He wouldn’t even get on Scooby doo (Woodstock express). This was his first and only visit to an amusement park. I believe he is more paranoid than anything else after watching Final Destination 3. He thinks he is going to get killed ridding on one. I keep telling him that he has a much better chance of dying every time he gets into a car than he does ridding a roller coaster. I’m going to try and take him later this season but I know he will chicken out. It’s frustrating because I know once he gets on one he will love it. It’s like trying a food that you thought would be really nasty and it turns out to be amazing.

So do you guys have any suggestions on how to encourage him to finally get on a roller coaster? Also if he does decide to do grow a pair what would be a good first roller coaster at Carowinds to put him on? :lol: :?:
Hmmmmm...to get my 6 year old to ride her first "upside down" coaster (Carolina Cyclone), I bribed her and told her I'd buy her a souvenir if she'd do it. Would bribery work with your friend? Btw...she loved it and will ride anything she's tall enough to get on now!
so me and some buddies went to Wild Wing Cafe after work yesterday, I was starving so I ordered a **** ton of food. 10 minutes after we receive our food, fire alarm goes off. LOL place is on fire or some ****. Were all evacuated. They decided to close, gave us our food free and even let us put it in togo boxes. I had like $40 worth of food. :)
CoasterFanatic01 wrote:So do you guys have any suggestions on how to encourage him to finally get on a roller coaster? Also if he does decide to do grow a pair what would be a good first roller coaster at Carowinds to put him on? :lol: :?:

Well, this may sound bad, but my son would only ride T.R. and Hurler while my daughter, which is 4 years younger than him, would ride everything with me. What actually got him to do ALL coasters was the fact that she actually embarrassed him on his manliness. You know, Boy versus Girl, Age difference, etc. He was always acting kind of cocky, as a teenager does and my daughter just put him in his place and his finally dropped enough to start riding everything.
Since it's been so crazy in the coaster thread while I've been gone, I'll post something here.

Greetings from Sherbrooke, Quebec. When I got up this morning it was 48 degrees outside.
Jonathan - I thought of you when I was flying out of LGA to try to make the Fury announcement. I'm sure you've seen this picture many times before but I figure you were somewhere in the left of the picture as we were making our climb.