Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
I know 1 1/4 languages. :lol: Of course English is my primary, but I know enough Spanish to get by. I start French classes in the next couple of week and then will be finding a workshop and possibly joining another workshop remotely. I hope to be fluent in French in the next year or two. It is very easy for me to be immersed in French and I see it nearly every day.
I definitely want to learn several languages. If I want to be an architect, landscape architect, civil engineer, etc. I'm sure that it's very handy to know several different languages.
I am on another page having a convo and the person is about to head to Carowinds. They asked how the rides were and what to expect. I said just be aware of "Carolina Cyclone its a rough one". Someone else tried to say there is a coaster with a ride rougher then Cyclone.......what would that be? I can't think of one?
Maverick44 wrote:I am on another page having a convo and the person is about to head to Carowinds. They asked how the rides were and what to expect. I said just be aware of "Carolina Cyclone its a rough one". Someone else tried to say there is a coaster with a ride rougher then Cyclone.......what would that be? I can't think of one?

I can think of two in Carowinds (Hurler and Nighthawk).
Busch Gardens Williamsburg submits height waiver for 315 foot attraction. Since this is likely not something for 2018 as they are adding a VR experience to replace Europe In The Air, I decided to share this here for now.
http://www.vagazette.com/news/vanews-busch-gardens-considering-building-a-new-attraction-20170802-story.html
Busch Gardens is seeking permission from the Board of Supervisors to construct a new 315-foot high attraction, according to a county staff memo.

The Board of Supervisors will consider the request at its meeting at 5 p.m. on Aug. 8 at the County Government Center Board Room, 101 Mounts Bay Road.

At 315 feet, the new attraction would make it the tallest at Busch Gardens. Mach Tower, a drop tower attraction, is currently the tallest ride at Busch Gardens at 240 feet, with Griffon the tallest roller coaster at 205 feet.

As one of the conditions of the height waiver, Busch Gardens must begin building the attraction within 36 months from the date it is approved, or the waiver is voided.

According to a letter from county planner Roberta Sulouff to Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, a civil engineering firm which worked on InvadR, the county’s planning staff has put forth preliminary conditions on the structure:

No lights to be installed above 60 feet.
No lights that direct the light upward except lighting fixtures that illuminate vertical solid wall surfaces related to the attraction.
The color of the attraction at 60 feet or above should be muted and designed to minimize visual impacts.
Supplemental evergreen landscaping shall be planted and should be shown on future development plans to be approved by both the director of planning and the Virginia Department of Transportation, and put in prior to receiving a certificate of occupancy for the attraction.
The planning documents submitted with the height waiver request show that the park has conducted a sight line balloon test to show potential visual impacts of the new attraction. Vanasse Hangen Brustlin submitted 13 different photographs showing how the new attraction would be visible outside of the amusement park.

“From most points of view, the new structure will not be more visible than Mach Tower, Griffon or Apollo’s Chariot,” the firm stated in a document responding to potential impacts of the new structure.