Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Sure...it's just a rumor...but interesting. A new stand-up anyone?
http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm#BM
B&M - (5/4/17) According to a new rumor sent in, track spotters who like to frequent B&M track fabrication plant in Ohio may want to keep their eyes open for something interesting... the possible creation of track pieces for a new B&M Stand-Up coaster. Yep... even in this age where we are starting to see some older B&M Stand-Ups converted into Floorless coasters (Mantis to Rougarou and Vortex to Patriot) our source says that someone has opted to buy the first new B&M Stand-Up coaster since Georgia Scorcher opened back in 1999.
While I'm sure the track design will remain similar to standard B&M track, our source went on to say that we can expect a slight redesign to the trains, including modification to that annoying bicycle style seat thing that goes between your legs and the addition of new restraints that will incorporate a stand-up version of B&M's new vest style system (as seen on Banshee and all the Wing Coasters), which should cut down on any possible head-banging. ...
Jonathan wrote:Six Flags St. Louis is one of the more charming Six Flags park (being one of the original ones) and probably has the most interesting wooden lineup with Screamin' Eagle, Boss, and American Thunder.

If I remember correctly, didn't you say you once marathoned Boss for 24 hours?
Sean978 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Six Flags St. Louis is one of the more charming Six Flags park (being one of the original ones) and probably has the most interesting wooden lineup with Screamin' Eagle, Boss, and American Thunder.

If I remember correctly, didn't you say you once marathoned Boss for 24 hours?

I did a 30 hour marathon on the Screamin' Eagle. I think the Boss would be too much to handle.
Jonathan wrote:I did a 30 hour marathon on the Screamin' Eagle. I think the Boss would be too much to handle.

Screamin' Eagle? I thought you were on the 30 hour marathon for GASM with me...
That is the face of a man contemplating his bad decisions. :lol:

Would you do it again though?
Chasing dreams: Big-ticket attractions always just out of reach for Myrtle Beach area

http://www.southstrandnews.com/community/chasing-dreams-big-ticket-attractions-always-just-out-of-reach/article_740edc7c-35b0-11e7-80b6-4f734b235eb9.html

John Rhodes was in a triumphant mood, having just announced a $100 million development that would transform the abandoned Hard Rock theme park site near Myrtle Beach into an Epcot-like village celebrating Chinese culture, complete with a silk-draped, lantern-shaped building, nighttime light shows and classes to teach beach-bound tourists the art of calligraphy.

So enamored with the Chinese investors that had courted him for months, the three-term Myrtle Beach mayor said he wanted to push Horry County's school system to start teaching Mandarin to local grade-school children.

But now, more than a year later and after reports that other Chinese investments in Myrtle Beach might be part of a Ponzi scheme in Asia, Rhodes is ready to forget all about the deal.