Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
So Earlier this year, it was announced that Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus would shut down. They have 2 touring acts, and I quickly grabbed tickets to one of the last performances for olde time sake, as my family used to go when I was a kid. I wish I'd have went ahead and gotten tickets to the other tour, as it was in Greensboro a couple weeks later, but here are some pictures of my last time at The Greatest Show on Earth!

ImageRingling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey 2017 by C. E. Beavers, on Flickr

The familiar livery on the trucks.

It was a much different experience. No longer 3 rings (at least this addition), highly themed, not as many people. Of course, no Elephants, and there was a storyline, with a villain. I see what they were trying to go for, but I don't think it worked.

The opening was very random and just started with this act, no announcements or traditional opening from a ring master.

The then planets turned into an acrobatic act.

The floor is a faux ice skating rink product that people can skate on with blades, but it's a type of plastic, not really ice.

First African American ringmaster in 146 years. The other tour had the first female ringmaster in 146 years.

The villain. She was just kind of annoying.

Clowns were such a small part. I remember when Clowns were used to distract you for setting up the next big act in one of the rings.

This was one of the better parts of the show.

This I've seen plenty of times, so, while interesting, it wasn't anything 'new'.

I love animals. Sadly, Feld Entertainment has a terrible record in animal treatment.

Another kind of tired circus act.

I took video of the acrobats, but no pix. It didn't last long enough. And when I was young, there was always some major ending act that they advertised to keep you waiting. This didn't have that.

This is the finale of the show.

Now, the first time I saw The Greatest Show on Earth as a kid, this was the finale. Sadly, this only shows the middle ring, but every ring (all three) were filled, as well as having many other dancers and performers for the finale

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2gu7dLmFphk/Sr-VWArbVzI/AAAAAAAAT34/fG7s2RwRduc/s400/2216893296_bc98859273.jpg/img]

I hate that they're closing up shop. I think it's a great IP that could use some major tweaking and possibly still be profitable. I'm interested to see what Feld Entertainment does with the brand going forward, if anything.
Hey, question about the forum. How come I'm only able to upload 6 pictures/attachments and no more? Whenever I write Trip Reports I have to split it up due to only being able to upload six photos per post. I've noticed that others have no had this problem. How can I fix this?
There is a maximum limit of 6 attachments per post for all users. When posting trip reports or anything that requires a lot of images, you should use a third party site (such as http://imgur.com) and embed the images here using the insert image button above the post text box. This helps to preserve hard drive space on the CC server.
Had a dream last night that in a bizarre turn of events, Six Flags came to acquire Carowinds. I'm assuming based on the dream that this occurred in 2016 as County Fair never happened. For 2017, the park got a Free Spin, painted identical to SFFT's where Thunder Road's station was. While all of the park's coasters remained, the entire park was re-branded and rethemed to that of a Six Flags park. Worse even, all future expansion plans that Cedar Fair had in place were scrapped for investments Six Flags thought smart.

One of the worst dreams I've had in a long time.
My hometown! Last time I was over near Bryton it looked like there was some extensive clearing behind the Wal-Mart. Hopefully it comes to fruition, it sounds like a nice Friday-Night out!
Does anyone else care about March Madness?

My bracket isn't great because I had Duke winning /: I'm in Phoenix right now to see the Final Four and the championship, and I'm going to be rooting for my next favorite team, Anybody But Carolina.