Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
#95152
Did you just skip over Arby's post about rusting metal then? Opinions can be wrong too, and they are far more vulnerable to criticism than facts because they are not absolute truths.
#95153
The statement "Rust is a weakness in metal no matter what type of rust it is" is a matter of fact, not opinion. That is, the statement can be either right or wrong. In this case, it is wrong.

I personally don't care that you were wrong; I'm sure it was an honest mistake and you thought it was correct at the time that you said it. However you're getting on my nerves by just repeating that what you said was "just an opinion" every time you're corrected.
#95155
aoriole19 wrote:The statement "Rust is a weakness in metal no matter what type of rust it is" is a matter of fact, not opinion. That is, the statement can be either right or wrong. In this case, it is wrong.

I personally don't care that you were wrong; I'm sure it was an honest mistake and you thought it was correct at the time that you said it. However you're getting on my nerves by just repeating that what you said was "just an opinion" every time you're corrected.


Since we all know the facts right? Hahaha on your nerves. I guess you shouldn't be on a forum posting page then. :wave:
#95158
Maverick44 wrote:I do not see how I said that was a fact? It was my opinion. It looked rusty to me. Get off my back.

No one (well, maybe Rollerbee) was talking in a condescending manner to you or being mean yet you replied with hostility. Do you take someone telling you that you're wrong as some sort of personal attack on your character? Because it most certainly is not.

Though that might just be my opinion, I don't know what the intents of the other users were.
#95161
OK...so back to the Fireball ride having issues....it had some that showed up during inspection in March at a fair in Florida:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/deadly-fire-ball-ride-made-7-stops-in-florida-this-year-records-show
Most recently in March a Florida Department of Agriculture inspector reported many problems with the ride, including lap bars not operating properly, an uneven deck and interlocks not working. Those deficiencies were reported while the ride was at St. David’s Church in Davie, Florida.
#95163
Maverick44 wrote:Sigh

Indeed. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2654

Maverick44 wrote:Since we all know the facts right? Hahaha on your nerves. I guess you shouldn't be on a forum posting page then. :wave:

You do know you just tried to school an MIT student who is perfectly capable of conducting herself on a public forum, right? That’s kind of hilarious “haha”.

And please bear in mind that when this kind of tragedy within the industry occurs, discussing the details of the incident and its causes or effects is helpful. Time spent defending oneself over his/her opinion of whether something looked like something is not. This tragedy resulted in a death and multiple injuries. Show some respect for them and your fellow members.

swampfox43 wrote:The local news confirmed that the Fireball ride at the Charlotte Fair back in early June was the same one at the Ohio State Fair. Wormy? Edwardo? Did either you ride it? Count your blessings if you did.

The blessings are being counted.
#95164
:thumbup: I wasn't trying to "school" anyone. I am not here to start drama. Its conversations to be had, they are forums. I felt like people were being rude to me. Lets just drop the whole rust or not and get back to discussing things that metter....deal?? :D
Wormy wrote:
Maverick44 wrote:Sigh

Indeed. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2654

Maverick44 wrote:Since we all know the facts right? Hahaha on your nerves. I guess you shouldn't be on a forum posting page then. :wave:

You do know you just tried to school an MIT student who is perfectly capable of conducting herself on a public forum, right? That’s kind of hilarious “haha”.

And please bear in mind that when this kind of tragedy within the industry occurs, discussing the details of the incident and its causes or effects is helpful. Time spent defending oneself over his/her opinion of whether something looked like something is not. This tragedy resulted in a death and multiple injuries. Show some respect for them and your fellow members.

swampfox43 wrote:The local news confirmed that the Fireball ride at the Charlotte Fair back in early June was the same one at the Ohio State Fair. Wormy? Edwardo? Did either you ride it? Count your blessings if you did.

The blessings are being counted.
#95167
You've had two moderators try to steer you In a better direction and your defaults are always to whine about your opinion or suggest everyone else move on. I may suggest that you take a few moments to learn from what the mods are suggesting before it stops being a suggestion.
#95190
I'll just put this out here as a tidbit of advice in general from me personally. If you do any studies into effective communications, it is generally agreed that at least 65% of all communication is non-verbal. Adding to that, I have worked remotely for over 13 years and manage a diverse team of people from a few different countries where we also have language and cultural barriers.

Over the years, I have learned the challenges of spending most of my time behind a keyboard and monitor. The biggest challenge is that the brain has a difficult time effectively comprehending what is said through email, instant messenger, forums posts, etc. It is not able to take into account all the nuances that you get when speaking with someone in person (or even on the phone) so it is easy to take things wrong or read into the written word things that may or may not be there.

The best way to be able to get along with others over the Internet is to shrug things off publicly. If more discussion is needed with someone specifically, that is when you reach out with them directly, which often quickly resolves any differences.
  • 1
  • 77
  • 78
  • 79
  • 80
  • 81

Users browsing this forum: Chris and 2 guests