Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
I play RCT3 all the time. There are so many custom scenery tracks, trains, vehicles, etc. on the Internet. Once you build up your collection of custom scenery, your Parks no longer look cartoony and specious, they look realistic. There was even a Europa park expansion pack or something like that which completely reimagined the building system. So with certain coaaters that you download, you can use this track which makes your coaster EXTREMELY more flexible. It made a huge step toward making RCT3 as versatile as No Limits. I find that some people complain that RCT3 is too cartoonish, when they haven't explored all of the avenues of the game and what you are able to do with the buliding. I understand people with Macs because most of the CS does not work with Mack computers.

Now let's get started with this new RCT world game. The game seems to have an awful building system where the coaster track selection is extremely limited which makes the coaaters seem very unrealistic. The one saving grace to RCT3 is the building system for the coasters. The Europa expansion makes it even better. But, with a different developer for this new game, Frontier being the developer for the previous RCT games with Atari having something to do with them to Atari being the developer on this new game might result in having no added custom scenery avalible. So all-in-all this new RCT World game is going to suck.
Just came across this thread and saw the "planet coaster" game. Looks interesting. I am still waiting for RCT world to come out in BETA, I have theme park studio, but cant really figure it out and I havent really sat and tried, so I will just wait for RCT. The planet coaster looks like a game I would look into as well just to mess around with. I still LOVE NL2 the best, even though I still really havent figured it out either as I dont have hours to sit and mess with it, I still love to download other peoples creations and my kids like to play it as well. Great find on this. I saw the haunted theme park game, that looks interesting.... Seems like more and more roller coaster / theme park games are being developed now days. If I was a developer I would probably make one as well... :lol:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Just came across this thread and saw the "planet coaster" game. Looks interesting. I am still waiting for RCT world to come out in BETA, I have theme park studio, but cant really figure it out and I havent really sat and tried, so I will just wait for RCT. The planet coaster looks like a game I would look into as well just to mess around with. I still LOVE NL2 the best, even though I still really havent figured it out either as I dont have hours to sit and mess with it, I still love to download other peoples creations and my kids like to play it as well. Great find on this. I saw the haunted theme park game, that looks interesting.... Seems like more and more roller coaster / theme park games are being developed now days. If I was a developer I would probably make one as well... :lol:

When was TPS released? It looked like it pretty much slipped under the radar months ago. Not sure if RCTW will be any better than RCT3 was but it looked like the editor will be more freeform like NL than the previous pre fab RCT track building we've been stuck with.
RCTW will also have a feature for you to be able to design your own custom scenery (if you have one of the supported programs of course). You will also be able to share creations/parks online as well as visit other people's parks.