Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By FamousAmos
At least I'm trying to accomplish something.
By coasterbruh
FamousAmos wrote:At least I'm trying to accomplish something.

Honestly, and please don't take this in a negative way . . . but what are you accomplishing? Are people lining up to buy these from you?
By shane235
coasterbruh wrote:
FamousAmos wrote:At least I'm trying to accomplish something.

Honestly, and please don't take this in a negative way . . . but what are you accomplishing? Are people lining up to buy these from you?

They may not be lining up to buy them from him, but they look freakin' amazing. People weren't lining up to buy Van Gogh's work either during his time. Just because you aren't selling lots of something, doesn't mean that it isn't good. Amos has accomplished the creation of beautiful art that many people appreciate. He was dedicated enough to create an entire to-scale model of the front gate of Carowinds, which he then donated to Carowinds. Even if Amos never gets any money from these models, he has an amazing piece of art to keep!

Also, if these nano coasters were for sale, then I would be lining up to buy them.
By tarheel1231
shane235 wrote:Also, if these nano coasters were for sale, then I would be lining up to buy them.

Which is why he needs a 3D printer. :thumbup:
By RollerBee
I know atleast one person in line for one of Amos' coasters down the road.
By aoriole19
Well I personally am amazed by them.

"Accomplishment" is not the same as financial success. You can accomplish a lot of things in life that make you and others happy without making money off of your accomplishments.
By FamousAmos
In case anyone is curious, I am (possibly) interested in selling it. However, even though the track is as small as I can physically make it (without the use of 3d printers or machining), the entire model is still not to scale. If I want the track width to be to scale with the entire model, this model needs to be about twice the size, while the current track gauge remains the same.
By FamousAmos
Happy New Year.

By arby
It kind of looks like a cartoonish version of Fury 325 and not the sleek and smooth profile that we have grown used to with the coaster. Besides that, the overall general detail looks nice.
By Merthecat
arby wrote:It kind of looks like a cartoonish version of Fury 325 and not the sleek and smooth profile that we have grown used to with the coaster. Besides that, the overall general detail looks nice.

Yes, but with the scale being what it is, that's nearly unavoidable.

Again, great job, Josh!
By FamousAmos
No, the entrance model was HO scale (1 inch = 7.5 feet (give or take)).
This desktop model is supposed to be Z scale (1/8 inch = 5 feet). But I can't make it any smaller than this without the aid of CADD and 3D printers. The track width is 1/8 inch. So with that being said, this model should be almost twice the size and I plan to make another one to scale. I might sell this one when I finish it.
By FamousAmos
I haven't done much to it over the past two days. Just added the next few supports and the double helix.