Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By cwgator
Walls are up at SeaWorld Orlando for the Kraken transformation into Kraken Unleashed. Scheduled to reopen June 16th... If anyone cares.
(Photo from SW Twitter)

I really hate they are adding this to Kraken (VR)....yuck. Well the current queue theming (not that there was much anyway)...including the Kraken sculpture are being replaced. I suppose it did need a major update and normal train refurbishment for sure, but I'll miss the Kraken head. They did a live video on Facebook that goes over some of the things they are doing and already have ready...like one train with the VR attached.
By pproteinc
I'm going to compare and constrast based on youtube vids. Sol Spin aesthetically looks a little bit better than Electro Spin due to the new design of the ride Light package and paint scheme, which I'm sure my thoughts will change once the lights are added to Electro Spin as it will have more added. Sol Spin only goes forward where as Electro Spin goes forwards and backwards. It also looks to me that Electro Spin rotates the whole time (not talking about the boom but the arms the seats are connected to) as they are some pauses during the cycle. Electro Spin also looks to go a bit faster that Sol Spin and higher into the sky at its highest peak. I will confirm my thoughts when I visit on May 25th, but Electro Spin seems to be the better ride.
By coasterbruh
But the paint scheme isn't what was showed in the concept. Its just solid colors. boring . . .
By pproteinc
I hear you but it's still not colors that are already all over the park, Carwoinds just love their blues, reds and yellows or reused paint colors. Plus they may add what I would think would be vinyl stickers later. I mean Electro Spin isn't done yet. lol
By coasterbruh
Edwardo wrote:Have u been to Knotts?

Doesn't sound like it . . .
By swampfox43
pproteinc wrote:I'm going to compare and constrast based on youtube vids. Sol Spin aesthetically looks a little bit better than Electro Spin due to the new design of the ride Light package and paint scheme, which I'm sure my thoughts will change once the lights are added to Electro Spin as it will have more added. Sol Spin only goes forward where as Electro Spin goes forwards and backwards. It also looks to me that Electro Spin rotates the whole time (not talking about the boom but the arms the seats are connected to) as they are some pauses during the cycle. Electro Spin also looks to go a bit faster that Sol Spin and higher into the sky at its highest peak. I will confirm my thoughts when I visit on May 25th, but Electro Spin seems to be the better ride.

Sol Spin also has 6 seats per arm, rather than the standard 5 on the older Top Scans like we have.
By cwgator
Drop Line @ Dollywood debuts next Friday, May 5th along with Dolly Parton's Smoky Mountain Adventures as part of Dolly's annual Homecoming Celebration:

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/dolly-parton-show-dollywood-ride-to-debut-may-5/434028362

This year's annual Dolly Parton Homecoming Celebration will also mark the opening of two new attractions.

On Friday, May 5, Dollywood is planning to celebrate the opening of Dolly Parton's Smoky Mountain Adventures and the opening of Dollywood's new Drop Line attraction.

The Smoky Mountain Adventures show, located at the former Lumberjack Adventures theater in Pigeon Forge, will focus on Parton's family and feature acrobats and some of Dolly's own music. ...
By pproteinc
KIJester wrote:Does anyone know if CW added this fountain specifically for Soaring Timbers or was it left over from the mini golf? I think its an awesome touch with regard to theming.

Yup it's in the mini golf area.