Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
I'm hearing thru the grapevine that Cedar Point maybe doing the announcement for Mean Streak after Halloween. Take with a grain of salt. Well Dollywood surprised us sooo why not CP? lol. Maybe we'll hear something from kings dominion too.
Last edited by pproteinc on October 27th, 2016, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pproteinc
Votes are in for Energylandia 2018 in Poland!!! The Intiman Hyper is the winner. It well be the tallest and fastest hyper in Europe standing at 262ft and having a top speed of 86mph. Some changes have been made from the original concept which you can see in the 2017 announcements thread. They switched the trains from the MF style trains to 4 across and it will have it looks like 7 rows. They added a tunnel and looks like a section of the Intiman twistiness was slimmed down a bit and a splash down after the panorama turn which also have been shortened in height has been added. It seems tho they will possibly be using the old Intiman style track vs the new track in the old concept. It's a pretty solid ride to me. I may need to add this park to my list when I go to Europe in 2018 or 2019.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/M5z8y_0OCQQ[/youtube]
By Chris
pproteinc wrote:Votes are in for Energylandia 2018 in Poland!!! The Intiman Hyper is the winner.

Wait, I haven't been following along with this. Did they have a vote where fans could vote on what coaster they would add?
By pproteinc
Yes Chris as Edwardo said they did give the fans a chance to vote on whether they wanted the Vekoma or Intamin at the park.

Edwardo I agree as well. I'd like to the Vekoma hyper somewhere soon. It's a pretty solid ride.
By cwgator
Seaworld San Diego is planning a coaster in 2018. My guess will be another Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster like that under construction at the San Antonio Park for 2017.
From Screamscape:
2018 - New Roller Coaster - Planned - (12/22/16)
2016_1221_SWC_2018CoasterApplication
One of our readers who lives very close to SeaWorld San Diego received an interesting item in the mail today. It was a public notice from the City of San Diego regarding a new building application files by SeaWorld San Diego to "remove existing shade structure and construct a new roller coaster ride, site improvements and ancillary buildings" such as an aquarium, a retail area, food service areas and a maintenance building for the new coaster. The project name is 'Sea World 2018 Attraction".

By arby
We are going to see a lot of new rides and attractions, including coasters, at SeaWorld parks over the next few years. The December SW dividend payout was the last one for some time. They suspended it and instead are using that money to invest in their parks (~ $175 mil per year).
By Rhyano
Something interesting on Screamscape today about Silver Dollar City

2018 - New Coaster /New Attraction - Rumor - (1/2/17) A few more photos from Silver Dollar City showing off the construction area of the park's 2018 coaster project were posted to MidWestInfoGuide just before Christmas.
Meanwhile another Screamscape source has sent in an interesting rumor indeed. They tell us that the new coaster may indeed be the first Extreme Spinning Coaster from Mack Rides. While we don't know the layout, the early rumor also indicates that the coaster may also include a few inversions as well. Anyone else know more?

Source- http://www.screamscape.com/html/silver_dollar_city.htm