Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By ColetD
Had anyone went to the area after the fires and seen the damage? We took a detour on our way back to NC from WI just to drive through.
While I'm sure it looks a lot better now then it did directly after, it is still shocking. To see all the charred trees and know that entire areas were engulfed in flames still rattles me just thinking about it. I was driving so I was not able to get pictures, and with the drive ahead we didn't have time to stop unfortunately. But if there was any bit of positivity, it was amazing to see how nature was already rebounding and doing its job.. You could see burnt black trees about 10 feet up and then the brightest green grass underneath.

On the same topic.. Is there a new mountain/alpine coaster going in just down the road from the Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster? I havent actually been on that one, but I saw some track and construction around it farther up the road. If I remember correctly, it was almost up near the next intersection of 321. I could be wrong, but it seemed to be rather far from GMC to be related to them.
By swampfox43
Anakeesta will be opening up in the summer of 2017 in Gatlinburg. I heard they will have a single rail Alpine Coaster. I've always wanted to do one of those. Can't wait.

Here's the link telling of the coaster. They don't specifically say "single rail" but that is what I've been hearing.
http://www.anakeesta.com/anakeesta-overview/
By ColetD
I had actually heard of that, sounds interesting!
Because I apparently had nothing better to do, I believe this is where I saw track and construction. Obviously there is already something going on from whenever this was updated, but maybe I did just see some of GMC track and thought we were farther away. I don't know. I'm so confused, lol.
Next time I am not going to be driving so I can properly assess the area, haha.
By Jarsh
There is another one going in there ColetD (listed as #6 below). That'll bring the total in the area up to six. Seven if you include the aipline coaster in Pigeon Forge.

1. Coaster at Goats on the Roof
2. Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
3. Ski Mountain Coaster (Ober Gatlinburg)
4. Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster
5. Anakeesta's single rail coaster (under construction)
6. Unknown (under construction at the former Terrace Inn on the Water location)
By ColetD
Thanks for sharing, Jarsh! I briefly tried to look up information regarding new coasters in the area but didn't come up with anything.