Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Lilant0219
Just want some tips on my upcoming trip to Virginia in about three weeks. I will be visiting Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I will be staying in Williamsburg and one day I will be traveling to go to Kings Dominion. So if anyone has some tips on what day is best for either or both? Food? Which rides to ride first? Crowds? etc. That would be greatly appreciated! Also if anyone has any tips about Williamsburg or Virginia that would be great too! Thanks, God bless!
By cwgator
Is this the week of July 4th? If so, Wed (5th)& Thursday (6th) would be your best bet to avoid at least the holiday & weekend crowds.

Food: I haven't been to either in a while so others may have better insight on this since this seems to change more frequently than anything (quality/offerings).

Rides:
*At BGW- I would just head around the park either to the right towards Ireland or left to Italy and make your way around. The park is pretty spread out and there are quite a bit of elevation changes, especially going from Ireland to France. You don't want to tire yourself out by constantly backtracking to do a specific order. There is the train and skyride to get you around if you do otherwise, but I would save those for the sightseeing aspect. Others may disagree, but if it's really hot when you go you'll thank me later.
*At KD- I would go straight to Volcano, Flight of Fear & Backlot Stunt Coaster first as those usually have the longest waits. I-305 from my understanding has very manageable waits so you can do it after those lower capacity rides. Be sure to ride the log flume.
By Lilant0219
cwgator wrote:Is this the week of July 4th? If so, Wed (5th)& Thursday (6th) would be your best bet to avoid at least the holiday & weekend crowds.

Food: I haven't been to either in a while so others may have better insight on this since this seems to change more frequently than anything (quality/offerings).

Rides:
*At BGW- I would just head around the park either to the right towards Ireland or left to Italy and make your way around. The park is pretty spread out and there are quite a bit of elevation changes, especially going from Ireland to France. You don't want to tire yourself out by constantly backtracking to do a specific order. There is the train and skyride to get you around if you do otherwise, but I would save those for the sightseeing aspect. Others may disagree, but if it's really hot when you go you'll thank me later.
*At KD- I would go straight to Volcano, Flight of Fear & Backlot Stunt Coaster first as those usually have the longest waits. I-305 from my understanding has very manageable waits so you can do it after those lower capacity rides. Be sure to ride the log flume.

Yeah, sorry. I guess I should have been more specific with the dates. I will be there from July 1st to the 8th. Thanks for the info!