Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
https://skift.com/2017/08/07/merlin-hin ... h-gardens/

I'd be okay with this. The Merlin parks seem to have a similar vibe to the Busch parks so they might be the ideal company to take the reigns. I don't think Merlin has the rights to the Sesame Street characters though, so they'd probably have to retheme the kid's sections.
I don't think Merlin has the rights to the Sesame Street characters though, so they'd probably have to retheme the kid's sections.

I'm sure they could work out something if both parties wanted it. The existing licensing deal may continue even if the parks are sold.

I would tentatively say that this is a good thing. As you say both Busch Gardens parks have many similarities to Merlin's European parks. If nothing else, this would ensure that someone like Six Flags or Cedar Fair didn't get their hands on them. Discounting Disney, Universal, and the big Chinese chains that seem to be 100% China focused, the only corporate chains that seem large enough to make this acquisition are Six Flags, Cedar Fair, and Merlin. Of those three Merlin is the only one I would be comfortable enough having charge of two such high quality parks.