Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Carowindsman
So the announcements are out Cedae Fair and Six Flags announced there 2018 Additions. In your opinion who won.

I feel Cedar Fair was the winner.

Six Flags had a lot of great additions but nothing that is hey look at me crazy

What's your thoughts?
By gabed
Carowindsman wrote: In your opinion who won.

The enthusiasts
By RollerBee
Carowindsman wrote:So the announcements are out Cedae Fair and Six Flags announced there 2018 Additions. In your opinion who won.

I feel Cedar Fair was the winner.

Six Flags had a lot of great additions but nothing that is hey look at me crazy

What's your thoughts?

Silver Dollar City.
By Jonathan
Six Flags is pretty underwhelming IMO. It's not a bad thing for many of their parks to add more flats to their lineup, but they are going pretty cheap. And the Georgia Cyclone conversion is probably the most disappointing RMC conversion to me in terms of the loss of the original ride and the layout of the new one.

Cedar Fair is putting some decent flat packages in at some of the parks, but also has 4 excellent looking coasters. Steel Vengeance is going to be the big ride of the year and Twisted Timbers looks like it could be a real sleeper hit.
By Edwardo
Six Flags put off adding flats so long they really are trying to play catch up. CF was in the same boat for some parks, but they've added several to individual parks in a year with dynamic attractions added on non coaster years too. Hopefully in another 5 years both companies will be nearly equal in offerings. Now if SF can just break thru on quality. They're getting better but still have a way to go.

As far as winners? CF, KD, and CGA. Sure, CGA is getting a clone in the same year as SFFT, but CGA needed it more and it shows renewed interest in corporate for that park.

Can't wait to ride Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, and Time Machine next year!
By cwgator
I'm definitely more excited about the Cedar Fair additions overall. I'm very excited to go ride Steel Vengeance next year. Twisted Timbers, Railblazer and HangTime all look great and will hopefully get to those eventually (KD more likely in the nearer future). The only Six Flags additions that do excite me are Twisted Cyclone (which I'm more likely to go SFOG than the others) & Wonder Woman GLC. I like the Giant Discoveries as well, but I can find those (or similar) at other parks.
By tarheel1231
I'd say Cedar Point is the winner. They unveiled what might just be one of the best if not the best steel coaster on the planet. It's like a steel T-Express.

I'm gonna try to make it back to Georgia. I missed 4 of the major credits when my family visited back in 2013 (Batman, Scorcher, Georgia Cyclone, Ninja/Blue Hawk). I also missed out on Monster Mansion, and I've been kicking myself ever since. Now they're adding another coaster that could make its way into my top ten like Goliath and Mindbender.