General Carowinds discussion
By uscbandfan
Not sure I would say "crap" but, for all intents and purposes, you have Fury, Intimidator, Afterburn.... and everything else.

(Not that I don't ride and enjoy the flats or others rides.... but those are the "big 3".)

Is another reason why I'm eagerly anticipating "Copperhead Strike" or whatever it may be called.
By RollerBee
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Is Hurler being the fourth most ridden attraction in the park really notable when most the other rides are either lower capacity or crap?

I would not be proud to say Hurler is the fourth most ridden coaster in the park or Cyclone being fifth. Both rides are rough and could be called cookie cutter coasters.
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Is Hurler being the fourth most ridden attraction in the park really notable when most the other rides are either lower capacity or crap?

if it IS 4th most popular, it won't get any higher than 5th at best, in about 9 months
By Capler
RollerBee wrote:

I would not be proud to say Hurler is the fourth most ridden coaster in the park or Cyclone being fifth. Both rides are rough and could be called cookie cutter coasters.

Yeah, after the big three, the ride quality falls off a giant cliff. Somebody is going to be number 4. Hurler wins by default because it is the only big woodie in the park. Sadly Hurler will never move up the list. If the park added 3 more new coasters, Hurler will be the 7th best coaster in the park.
ADAWG588 wrote:Pretty sure Hurler only gets 4th because it's right next to Fury...

Also the 48” height requirement, for those who aren’t tall enough for the main 3, Nighthawk, Vortex...and even Ricochet for god’s sake (all 54”). I just don’t believe throwing Millennium Flyers on it is enough, it’ll still be a dull, lifeless woodie.
By ADAWG588
tarheel1231 wrote:I think the trim is the main thing holding it back. Take that off and redo the track a la Ghostrider and you’d get a lot more airtime.

As someone who has ridden Thunder Run at Kentucky Kingdom multiple times...(Basically a mirror image of Hurler) That ride is essentially close to what the best version of Hurler could be and it's still just an ok ride. Hurler doesn't quite have as good a layout as Ghostrider IMO which was being held back only by its roughness...
By 1Falcons
Hey so did anyone else notice this building under construction on Carowinds Snapchat today
Attachments
By mdsmith98
I just got back from the park. It wasn’t too busy for it being the week of the 4th of July, but i would imagine tomorrow and Wednesday for sure will be a lot busier.

Do-Si-Do is once again open.

Here is a shot of under intimidator taken from the skytower.
By Koallinbear
brendan71388 wrote:I've gathered that every ride except Fury has bins for loose articles. Is that correct?

If so, are fanny packs allowed on Fury?

Technically, No. But every time I've ridden this season i've had on my fanny. I basically use it to insure the groups phones don't go flying and injure other passengers.
By hikernut79
So I have a question about how parks decide height requirements. We just got back from Busch Gardens and my 9 year old son is exactly 52" tall so he was able to finally get a ride on a B&M coaster since the height requirement for Apollo's Chariot is 52". But this got me to thinking. Apollo and Intimidator are basically the exact same style of coaster. The only difference is the arrangement of the seats on the trains but the restraints are the same. I would even argue that Apollo is a more intense ride. So why do you have to be 54" to ride Intimidator and for that matter Fury? I looked up height requirements at Cedar Point and you can ride every freaking ride there except Raptor and Rougarou! Carowinds is Cedar Fair just like Cedar Point so I can't figure out how they come up with these requirements. I'll just be glad when next year comes and he's finally 54" so he can ride everything.
By Justin
Does anyone know what part of the park Carowinds is launching fireworks for this year? Last year they shot the fireworks off in the woods and you could not see them. Other years its been by the bus and dropoff lot, which was a perfect spot.