General Carowinds discussion
By pthead
Hi all,

We are planning to go July 28th, basically just for Fury 325. We're a bit tight time wise, and the only possibility is unfortunately on a Saturday. We plan on buying an after 4PM ticket. What would be the expected wait times for Fury on a Saturday evening? Not a fan of buying a fastlane just for a couple of hours. Is there a single rider line?

Thanks in advance!
By mdsmith98
Hi!

As with any amusement park, I typically try to avoid Saturday’s because it’s a weekend. So expect it to be busy.

Since you are getting there after 4, that ticket is a really good deal. You will definitely be able to ride Fury many times as well as others. I don’t typically go on Saturday’s tho, so I may be wrong about the crowds. But it is usually busy when i used to go on Saturday’s.

Also, there arent any single rider lines in the park. You MUST get a night ride on Fury when it’s completely dark out before you leave. That is a must do. There is really nothing else like it.
By pthead
Thanks for the night ride advice, really looking forward to it! This is one of the reason we're aiming for evening, and lesser crowds we hope. If waits are expected to be very long, I could move it to Sunday evening, but it's tight. We're doing a family roadtrip from Myrtle Beach to Memphis, plane tickets already booked.

Anyone has experienced Saturday evening crowds?
By uscbandfan
mdsmith98 wrote:You MUST get a night ride on Fury when it’s completely dark out before you leave. That is a must do. There is really nothing else like it.

I'll second that!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
By mdsmith98
uscbandfan wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:You MUST get a night ride on Fury when it’s completely dark out before you leave. That is a must do. There is really nothing else like it.

I'll second that!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Forgot to mention, front row is the best at night. Even in the day for that matter :lol:
By RRRAPIDS
Even on a Saturday nights, the most you may wait for a ride is 20 to 30 minutes. Lines move fairly quickly. Night rides on Fury is a must. You should definitely be able to conquer Fury, Intimidator, Afterburn, Nighthawk(ride it first or last is you have to) and stop by the County Fair and Camp Snoopy. It's phenomenal.
By pthead
RRRAPIDS wrote:Even on a Saturday nights, the most you may wait for a ride is 20 to 30 minutes. Lines move fairly quickly. Night rides on Fury is a must. You should definitely be able to conquer Fury, Intimidator, Afterburn, Nighthawk(ride it first or last is you have to) and stop by the County Fair and Camp Snoopy. It's phenomenal.

Great to hear for the crowds! Thanks all for the info and especially looking forward to the night ride on Fury!