Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
The kings island fans can not complain as that will likely get a giga in the next few years
The "so-called enthusiasts" and fanboys of KI are losing their...well you know. It's amusing to say the least. Anyone who has paid attention to what's going on around the park knows there are no signs of a coaster being installed there for 2019..especially on the scale they are thinking.
Exactly. They say how they are being treated unfairly, even though they got Mystic Timbers last year, which is arguably one of the best wooden coasters. Imagine if they were fans of a park such as Dorney or Michigan’s Adventure. Then the rumors of Michigan’s Adventure closing after this year are even funnier :lol:. If it was a coaster of some kind, we would’ve at least seen something. They would’ve also had some in park teasing more than a day before the announcement :lol:

When they get their precious giga for 2021, maybe they will finally shut up.
Last edited by mdsmith98 on August 17th, 2018, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So my son will finally be 54" tall next year and I think I have talked my wife into buying Platinum passes and doing a family vacation to Cedar Point, Niagra Falls and Canada's Wonderland!!! I haven't been to CP since the mid 2000's when the newest coaster was Dragster and I've never been to CW so my coaster count is about to go up exponentially! Woohoo!
hikernut79 wrote:So my son will finally be 54" tall next year and I think I have talked my wife into buying Platinum passes and doing a family vacation to Cedar Point, Niagra Falls and Canada's Wonderland!!! I haven't been to CP since the mid 2000's when the newest coaster was Dragster and I've never been to CW so my coaster count is about to go up exponentially! Woohoo!

Nice! I had platinum this year, and I go to carowinds at least once a week (I’ve been 3 times this week) and I went to 3 other cedar fair parks (CP, KD, KI), so I would definitely say I got my money’s worth. And I have the dining plan, and ate at all the other parks, as well as the drink plan. It is an awesome deal. I will definitely get it again for next year.

I too want to try to make it to Canada’s Wonderland, I’ve never been and it seems like a solid park with some good flats. I don’t have a passport though, so I would have to get one.
So...Cedar Point will be announcing something at 2pm today...I hope no one expects much...lol I see Dinos leaving and maybe a replacement (flat) for Witches Wheel with some more improvements while getting ready for 2020.

I guess we'll see here in about 20 minutes or so...

I'll save everyone the trouble in searching. The Dinos are going extinct after Sept 3rd. Something called "Forbidden Frontier On Adventure Island" will be taking it's place summer 2019.
https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/1031964434829402112

Last edited by cwgator on August 21st, 2018, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/forbidden-frontier-on-adventure-island

FORBIDDEN FRONTIER on ADVENTURE ISLAND

Grab your map and prepare for a minute-by-minute real-life adventure, where you and others are challenged, questioned and pushed to the limits in both brain and brute power. Be immersed in interactive encounters with the island inhabitants, push yourself with physically active challenges that test your resourcefulness and fortitude! It's your job to discover and uncover all that you can; to solve the mystery surrounding the Forbidden Frontier, and return to tell the tale. Every ending is different and determined by you and the secrets you unlock!

The secrets of the Forbidden Frontier will be revealed as we unlock the adventure map, so come back to this page for updates and new surprises. The Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island opens Summer, 2019.
Six Flags Great America 2019 (teasers):

https://wgntv.com/2018/08/24/wgn-marcus-leshock-speculates-on-whats-coming-to-six-flags-great-america/

The link includes commentary from the news and the 3 teasers the park has released.

Here is a screenshot of the guessed S&S clone of this: https://rcdb.com/12256.htm that's a possibility:
pproteinc wrote:So is SF Magic Mountain doing their announcement on the today at 2pm and SF Great America on tomorrow?

I literally could not find any information on when SFMM’s announcement is today. I saw on Screamscapse that it is scheduled for 9:00 PM, I don’t know if that’s EST or PST. And that seems a little late at night.

All of the other six flags parks announce tomorrow.
I looked forward to that all day and that will be tomorrow on the east coast :cry: