General Carowinds discussion
By Falloutgirl
Hi guys! I’m new to the forum and this will be my first year going to Scarowinds. Does anyone know the policy for photography/video recording at Scarowinds? I think I read somewhere that it’s not alowed in the scare zones or the mazes, but I’ve seen multiple photos/videos from last year on Instagram.
By Carowinds Sully
Falloutgirl wrote:Hi guys! I’m new to the forum and this will be my first year going to Scarowinds. Does anyone know the policy for photography/video recording at Scarowinds? I think I read somewhere that it’s not alowed in the scare zones or the mazes, but I’ve seen multiple photos/videos from last year on Instagram.

You can video through scare zones but just don't be a distraction (no flashes) but you aren't allowed to film through the mazes
By RiDeWaRrIoR
No cameras or photography is permitted inside our haunted mazes or scare zones. Violation of this rule is means of dismissal from the park.

From the website.
By tinotoot
I think you're fine to film in scarezones as long as you don't make a scene or block walkways, there's never been an issue in the past with taking non-professional pics or videos in scarezones, you just can't in mazes for sure.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
^^ Agree. I always make videos in scare zones, never new it was a rule not to :lol: They will make you turn it off in mazes if they see you though.
By dirkdiggler1992
IntimidationNation wrote:Does anyone know where to purchase the skeleton key? I can't remember if it's part of the Fright Lane pass.

Cedar Fair discontinued the Skeleton Key at the parks.
By pproteinc
Ok so it’s a nice little turn out tonight. Operations seem to be going well, even with the newbies for the second half of the season still learning. The opening show is meh to me i liked it better last year, but i know they must continue after the death of the Witch. I personally don’t like the location of Dead Pirates Landing. It’s just to out of place for my liking but I understand why they did it. Most of the Scarowinds decor is not up yet. I’m sure they are still in recovery stage from Thunderstorm Florence. Not much Christmas anything as I think someone said there was. It’s just a lot of tree light wrapping that’s all. Hey it’s the first night lol I’m just here for food and rides tonight and being creepy people watching.
By JEdMc91
We went Friday and I’ve been the past 10 years or so and this year I thought it was awful.we were in at 7:15pm, mazes we went in were mediocre at best and the scare zones were the same. This is just my honest opinion. We did 4 mazes, and Intimidator and Fury. However, I do plan to return and give it another go before the season closes out.
By dirkdiggler1992
If they had like a 21+ night it would be much more tolerable. Dark Harvest fake gun is waaay too loud as always. The pumpkin scare zone looked nice, I think I’ll be sticking to Great Pumkin Fest.
By pproteinc
My honest opinion is I hate the put some scarezones in ride areas. I feel like scare zones should be placed in the in between areas and I’m close proximity forcing people to go around if they don’t want to walk through or go directly in. For instance the pirate scarezones is in a dumb location and spread out to a point you don’t experience the zone. People were asking where does it even start. The boat which is suppose to be the entrance is place so far apart and away from everything else you really do notice it. To menthe zone should’ve been placed starting from Zephyr to Windseeker or a more relatable area boardwalk. Carnevil should’ve stayed in country fair. The hollow should’ve been in Crossroads with Dark harvest. I personally say put the vampires back under the arbor tunnel. London Terror is great it’s in close confinement to itself forcing people to around or through it.
By Stayseeliz
I went with my two teens tonight and I was so disappointed. There were hardly any characters in the mazes, the characters in the scare zones weren’t trying to scare very hard and if they did they just tried to jump at you and yell. When they hire a bunch of tiny little teens to act tough it’s not very scary. Two of the “sliders” if front of boo blasters were just standing around talking about how all these teens around them were spoiled brats and mommy and daddy paid for everythin. That was strange.

Add in gettting stiffed on food at Panda Express because they were “running out of food” and harmony hall getting shut down early for some reason, police everywhere for an altercation or incident at some point and the whole night felt like a huge let down. I’m not honestly not sure if we’ll renew our passes next year.