General Carowinds discussion
By sorashaun
Stayseeliz wrote:I went with my two teens tonight and I was so disappointed. There were hardly any characters in the mazes, the characters in the scare zones weren’t trying to scare very hard and if they did they just tried to jump at you and yell. When they hire a bunch of tiny little teens to act tough it’s not very scary. Two of the “sliders” if front of boo blasters were just standing around talking about how all these teens around them were spoiled brats and mommy and daddy paid for everythin. That was strange.

Add in gettting stiffed on food at Panda Express because they were “running out of food” and harmony hall getting shut down early for some reason, police everywhere for an altercation or incident at some point and the whole night felt like a huge let down. I’m not honestly not sure if we’ll renew our passes next year.

Sounds a little dramatic.
By tinotoot
Does anyone have anything positive to say about the event? I mean, you can have your opinions but really, did anyone enjoy anything? I went last year on a night when there was a huge storm and SCarowinds closed early and I still had a great time despite there not being many actors. I think it's just a bit early in the season to be making these kinds of judgements, it was opening weekend, it's bound to be quite rough. I'm going in October so things should pick up by then.
By coasterbruh
Stayseeliz wrote: I’m not honestly not sure if we’ll renew our passes next year.

lol lol . . . you know you're gonna renew.

And sounds like you all should have went to Horror Nights with me . . .

By tinotoot
coasterbruh wrote:
Stayseeliz wrote: I’m not honestly not sure if we’ll renew our passes next year.

FB_IMG_1537734007578[1].jpg
FB_IMG_1537733983551[1].jpg

If only I wasn't a full time college student with no money!! :( :( This looks like the best year at HHN by far.
By Stayseeliz
Nope, not being dramatic. You go expecting to have fun and it’s merely “bleh”. The employees are so lackluster. You don’t give people tiny portions because you’re going to run out of food when people are paying good money for a decent serving and you don’t stand around badmouthing the people attending the event. That’s terrible service.

I grew up an hour from Orlando and I know this isn’t Disney or universal but man, the service and overall feel of scarowinds is just sad. I cleared my work schedule to be able to take my kids last night so yes, I was disappointed when it wasn’t fun.

Winterfest on the other hand was fantastic last year. It’s a completely different atmosphere. Just give it a good effort!
By Stayseeliz
coasterbruh wrote:

FB_IMG_1537734007578[1].jpg
FB_IMG_1537733983551[1].jpg

I went to Horror Nights one year in high school and a guy dressed as Jason chased my friend around all night. It was absolutely amazing!
By RollerBee
I haven’t been satisfied with SCarowinds for a couple years now, I intend on skipping SCarowinds this year because I feel like the mazes are the same every year. Depth of Darkness really just felt like walking through Defex backwards and less lights.

Although no new mazes this year so that is one less new to me maze next year, might have skip two seasons.
By coasterbruh
Well, you get what you pay for and essentially SCarowinds is free. You guys can't really expect brand new maze every year and NOT pay a higher gate price. Hell, NOT pay a gate price at all.
By Stayseeliz
I don’t expect new mazes. Just employees that try and something like might actually be scary. Standing around talking and insulting parkgoers is just lazy.
By Crave
My wife and I were at our first Scarowinds on Saturday 9-22. We didn't know what to expect other than what could be gleaned from youtube and social media. This is my take of our experience.

Cons:
1. Holy traffic jam! Thought there was an accident near the Carowinds exit. Nope. It was an insane number of folks trying to get into the park. We expected to be there at 8:30, but parked after 9:00. According to park staff, the traffic was for Scarowinds as the concert was well underway by that time.
2. Late arrival, large crowd and long lines meant we did nearly every scare zone but only two mazes and two coasters. Earlier that morning I had awoken with neck pain. Fortunately, the coasters I rode were Hurler and Cyclone. Medical staff assured me that the pain was temporary, and were just glad I hadn't sustained permanent injuries by riding Vortex or Nightheadache.
3. Mazes were not scary. It would be nice if there was at least one truly scary or terrifying maze. It can be done.

Pros:
1. The crowd was huge. Hopefully, that means good money for Carowinds and Cedar Fair. More profit should translate into more investment, more jobs and a better park.
2. The atmosphere was good. Lighting, fog, the darkness of night along with the themed areas and actors made it a different and good experience. People seemed to be having a great time.
3. My kids can go! :D Because it is very unscary. :(

This is another reason I'm happy to have bought season passes for my fam. Sure, it's not perfect. Neither is our coaster lineup. I expect Carowinds/Cedar Fair to get better. They will, especially if attendance keeps increasing.
By carowinds.captured
love Carowinds...went to Scarowinds sat night.....it will prob be my last unless the kids beg me to go.
Maybe Jr. High kids would love it but not wasting my time again.
to me it was just bla
By Thrill Capture
pproteinc wrote:My honest opinion is I hate the put some scarezones in ride areas. I feel like scare zones should be placed in the in between areas and I’m close proximity forcing people to go around if they don’t want to walk through or go directly in. For instance the pirate scarezones is in a dumb location and spread out to a point you don’t experience the zone. People were asking where does it even start. The boat which is suppose to be the entrance is place so far apart and away from everything else you really do notice it. To menthe zone should’ve been placed starting from Zephyr to Windseeker or a more relatable area boardwalk. Carnevil should’ve stayed in country fair. The hollow should’ve been in Crossroads with Dark harvest. I personally say put the vampires back under the arbor tunnel. London Terror is great it’s in close confinement to itself forcing people to around or through it.

I haven't experienced Carnevil this year, but back in 2016 when it was in Old County Fair(Crossroads) before New County Fair I thought it was the best area that season. I think it does a much better job in that area than New County Fair itself imho
By coasterbruh
So even with Carowinds offering up a surprise, pop up "purge" scarezone saturday night you guys still didn't like it?!?!?!
By dirkdiggler1992
I heard a “boom” when leaving Dead Mans Landing around 8:30ish and everyone screamed. Is that what freaked everyone out?
By RollerBee
coasterbruh wrote:Well, you get what you pay for and essentially SCarowinds is free. You guys can't really expect brand new maze every year and NOT pay a higher gate price. Hell, NOT pay a gate price at all.

Nothing is free, it is included with a season pass. However if Carowinds wants to raise the quality of the event and prices to match, I will be glad to pay for it.