General Carowinds discussion
Looks to be steel supports for the loading platform. Speaking of which, why the HUGE monolithic concrete supports? I was thinking for the transfer track but rides like Fury have much larger track pieces and it's only supported by steel. Any ideas?
uscbandfan wrote:Looks to be steel supports for the loading platform. Speaking of which, why the HUGE monolithic concrete supports? I was thinking for the transfer track but rides like Fury have much larger track pieces and it's only supported by steel. Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of is maybe part of the theming but that’s just a guess on my part

Anybody think we might see one piece of track today
They were about this far along when they installed the first piece for Fury
My guess is that they'll finish the turn and then do the track for the turn. That way they wont have to get heavy equipment back in there later to put in track once more of the layout is vertical.

One more support and they can put in the track for the barrel-roll.
Yea, I think the Jo Jo roll will be done today :) They brought in 3 pieces of track this morning so I am guessing that might be all they do today, but unsure. I guess brakes get added to the station track later on, which is interesting!
They are moving pretty fast. They have 5 pieces of track up already, now looks like concrete for the launch building footers is going in. Not sure if they are done with track for the day or not, but definitely got what I anticipated done! They may have the first launch done by this weekend, if not more!