General Carowinds discussion
By Wormy
I'm more interested in the fence.

And the graffiti.

And Goldrusher. But here you are anyway.

Edwardo wrote:Well the building out front where you enter is modeled after an old southern plantation style home, so I'm not sure why people wouldn't get it.

I agree. Paula Deen could use that space now to peddle some pots and pans. That would be scary.
By will1313
Maybe a hillbilly theme. Sort of like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre without getting sued. There could also be a crypt theme with vampires and just turn feeding frenzy into a end of the world type scare zone with smoke, flipped cars, and army people running around screaming for you to get out, and like crazy infected people trying to kill you, not zombies but sort of like the infected people off The Crazies.
Kurgan316 wrote:So.. I have been looking on the Carowinds site and I noticed something odd...

https://www.carowinds.com/hours-directi ... ween-haunt

Shows the opening day as Sept 14th. But on another part of the site...

https://www.carowinds.com/hours-directions

Specificialy states Sept 13th as the opening day... so.. which is it?

That's a very interesting find, but my gut instinct tells me that SCarowinds will start on the 13th, being that the event always starts on a Friday.
By Kurgan316
My gut is saying the same thing.. I mean it makes sense.. Sept 13th, 2013.. Friday the 13th. You can't ask for a more
perfect "Superstition" day than that. Oh man.. just thought of something.. remember Carowinds being closed to the general public (Damn you Carowinds) for the special event private affair they had.. what if someone bought the park
out for specifically Scarowinds. I will be a unhappy camper... kinda like those unhappy campers at Camp Crystal Lake, NJ. :mrgreen: :twisted:
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Crazy that I went to the park so many times this month and didnt even notice this building :lol: I did notice the survey markers out at the front. I am thinking we are getting a new entry plaza and maybe some parking lot modifications next year.... Anyway back on Scarowinds topic... I am just wondering where they will put Camp Killuee if they bring it back... Maybe they will bring back Eliviras superstition in the other side of the action theatre (if they didnt ruin that side as well) or at least put a movie in that side of the theatre like they used to. I guess they wont though because of the clown maze they usually do in the exit... They are really running out of room to make mazes. What i wish they would do is turn the Scarowinds buildings into some sort of attraction during the regular year, I know they likely use it for storage, but it would be nice for them to use it for something, I just don't really know what....
By docmcnugget
I went to the park today and rode Gold Rush and noticed some cafeteria tables outside of Zombie High School, I personally think this maze is gonna be more humorous than scary, what do you guys think? :D
docmcnugget wrote:I went to the park today and rode Gold Rush and noticed some cafeteria tables outside of Zombie High School, I personally think this maze is gonna be more humorous than scary, what do you guys think? :D

Personally, I've always found SCarowinds' mazes to be more humorous rather than scary....then again, I've been involved in the haunt industry for several years now, so I what all goes down behind the scenes.
By LemondsHead
if anybody has found out extra news about scarowinds like a new maze or a new scarezone besides zombie high and if u haven't noticed knotts scary farm already has their site posted so anyone please tell me