General Carowinds discussion
chknwing wrote:btw, wtf does that mean, "were finally ready" why weren't we ready before?

where were they gonna put it? this is why they are expanding......to fit something like that in!

By the way, Verbolten at BGW alone cost $50 Million.....I don't think we should expect anything huge, but I would really like a crazy big woodie...
coasterbruh wrote:You know you can tell them not to tell you...

This is true... but if parks ask me ahead of time what I think of their plans or how I think the enthusiast community will react to their "New For ????", I feel obliged to let them know.
This was big news announced the other day, but for now GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS!

Sorry couldn't resist

But seriously, I do agree that the south gate should be moved to access the new part of the water park, but also keep the existing access as well. Unless they split the waterpark from the actual park, and charge a cheaper price for the water park and a cheaper price for just the park. Afterburn needs to be repainted, if not the same colors I would suggest a flat black and silver.
Hmmm... I never thought about MOVING the South Gate. I've been in the mindset of just repurposing the existing one. Moving makes sense though. They could rebuild a dedicated entrance to the waterpark just to the left of the current South Gate and put the water park expansion behind it next to Thunder Road and Top Gun.

The South Gate entrance plaza would make a good connecting point to the road under Intimidator's drop for a new "loop" pathway through the existing parking lot. Now we've gotten into a wishlist thread, haha!