Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Brannew85
I apologize if this has been discussed on the site, I did attempt a search first. My question to everyone, especially you guys and gals with the "inside scoop/knowledge," is there a underlying issue or concern with RMC that has caused Cedar Fair to stay away from building or converting any of their coasters over to the RMC treatment? I know quite a few parks that could use a good RMC custom build or even conversion, including our own park. I just wondered if anyone knew if there was a certain thing holding them back from looking/purchasing from RMC. I have noticed most installations have been at Six Flags parks with the exception of Silver Dollar City, and the two I have ridden have been awesome. I know the safety concern that came up with the New Texas Giant but I was told that was due to train defect/unsafe rider dimensions and I believe the train was not even designed by RMC. Any insight everyone?
By Jonathan
I had a suspicion that Six Flags had an exclusive contract with RMC for the Iron Horse treatments, but that was more or less debunked by someone from operations at Six Flags St. Louis who said it isn't true.

I do think eventually Mean Streak will get it.
By FamousAmos
I do know that there is a "line-up" of parks for RMC. Seeing as they can only do about 2 coasters a year. I'm sure that Cedar Fair is on that line up somewhere.
By Jonathan
That's the other thing. I think there is pretty high demand for RMC right now but they have very limited resources. I do believe they are expanding though so they will be able to take on more projects at once.
By Brannew85
Jonathan wrote:I had a suspicion that Six Flags had an exclusive contract with RMC for the Iron Horse treatments, but that was more or less debunked by someone from operations at Six Flags St. Louis who said it isn't true.

I do think eventually Mean Streak will get it.

Great info Jonathan. That is my thought as well that if the RMC comes to Cedar Fair the first installment would go in at Cedar Fair's pride and joy. The Six Flags contract is something I thought too till I saw the other installment at Silver Dollar and the park in sweden getting one next year I read somewhere. It will be interesting to see the next few years.
By Brannew85
FamousAmos wrote:I do know that there is a "line-up" of parks for RMC. Seeing as they can only do about 2 coasters a year. I'm sure that Cedar Fair is on that line up somewhere.

Jonathan wrote:That's the other thing. I think there is pretty high demand for RMC right now but they have very limited resources. I do believe they are expanding though so they will be able to take on more projects at once.

I had never heard that FamousAmos, but that does make sense. RMC does everything in house correct? From design to on site construction. That would make one wonder if they will begin contracting the work out like B&M, Intamin, and the other big companies utilize. Jonathan what you said I did hear recently as well that they recently expanded their facilities and are growing with the high demand they are garnering. Great feedback guys.
By Jonathan
I also wonder if Cedar Fair did Rougarou first so they can gauge how well received a coaster "conversion" is by their customers. Converting Mantis to a floorless is a lot simpler and cheaper than what an RMC Mean Streak overhaul would be.
By Edwardo
An RMC conversion of mean streak would fix the only real sore spot in CP's lineup.
By coasterbruh
tarheel1231 wrote:^ How would RMC fixing Mean Streak affect Corkscrew? :?

By Jonathan
I laughed. Corkscrew is fun, though. I see it as an important landmark in the park just as I do Cyclone at Carowinds.
By Edwardo
Yeah it's definitely not cutting edge but has a great placement and is a good introduction for tougher ones into the world of inversions. And corkscrew in its wise day is still more fun than mean streak.
By Jarsh
Jonathan wrote:I also wonder if Cedar Fair did Rougarou first so they can gauge how well received a coaster "conversion" is by their customers. Converting Mantis to a floorless is a lot simpler and cheaper than what an RMC Mean Streak overhaul would be.

Agreed, but Cedar Fair can't really say Rougarou is a new coaster. It's a new experience, yes, but not a new coaster. I think if/when Mean Streak gets an RMC redo, it would be a new coaster and easier to market as such. I think a Mean Streak redo would be better received by the GP than Mantis with a new train.
By arby
I've also wondered if Cedar Fair has purposefully delayed any action with RMC, waiting to see how well their coasters hold up over a few years.