General Carowinds discussion
By pproteinc
I'm all for purples, browns, a dark green, black, any colors outside of red, blue yellow, teals, orange, and grey or white supports.
By KIJester
I think our new Vortex would ROCK with Joker's Jinx colors. Not sure about the new trains being yellow though, maybe a bright orange would work in addition to being a throwback to White Lightning.
Cedar Fair repainted and rethemed KI's Flight Deck as a nod to the original Bat from the 80's so I guess it's possible. To be honest, if that were to happen, I think we would need a totally new launched coaster for a WL throwback.
Attachments
By theintimidator
I honestly think Vortex would be a much better ride if it got converted. I actually enjoy riding in the back row, even though it's not smooth. It's pretty snappy and decently forceful back there. I remember actually greying out in the loop in row six. Granted, I wasn't feeling very well that day... :roll:
By jlc9701
Maybe if they just tear down Vortex and Nighthawk they could make some "real" improvements on this area and these coasters!?
By FamousAmos
I always ride Vortex in row 6, far left side. I've rode more than I should this past year... Floorless is a much welcome addition in my book :thumbup:
By aoriole19
tarheel1231 wrote:Carolina Blue and silver. #KeepPounding

Wait wait wait wait wait - Carolina Blue usually refers to UNC blue as far as I know. (??) And I am soooo not down with that. I'd love Panthers blue though!
By KIJester
^to make it even more interesting, how about Silver supports, Panther blue rails with white down the back of the spine much like Fury 325.

aoriole19.....the blue supports on Afterburn and Nighthawk do kinda remind me a Duke Blue however.
By aoriole19
Yee go Duke!

But I do think in general red and blue are kinda overused coaster colors. I've said many times I don't want a conversion, but it would be okay with me if they kept it with a new color scheme. I'm down with green or purple, but I'm not sure I like them together. Not for Vortex at least. Orange is my favorite color, so I wouldn't complain, but I don't think orange would be particularly popular...
By gabed
Plus Rougarou and Goliath (SFOG) look nice.
By mark40511
I 2nd the jokers jinx colors.
If they must keep vortex - I agree with making it floorless. I just wish it weren't so freaking short of a ride.
By coasterbruh
Kingda ka is shorter . . .
By coasterbruh
That's the complaint, short in time.
By gabed
Well it's hard to make a coaster like that longer when you've already dumped 20+ million dollars into the first element just so you can say it's bigger than Cedar Point's.