Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By FamousAmos
Did anyone film annoyingly long videos this year?? :lol:

Hey, the only reason I did is because there are actually people who like to see the entire event. :silent: hint hint I'm curious to see pictures and video hint hint

please?
By carolinaman
I'm not really good at trip reports, but I'll share some pictures I took along with some of the things I can remember. From Alabama Splash Adventure was Byron Hughes. He said that they are doing some re-track work on Rampage because one of the turns was pulling 5.2 G's. The entrance to the park is going to have a more Tropical Look to it. Don Helbig said Kings Island will be celebrating their 45th anniversary. Mystic Timbers is about 70% done and no they still won't say whats in the shed. Laresa Thompson said construction is on schedule for County Fair. Panda Express will be moved to Joe Cool's Cafe to open up the walk way in that area. The planter with the Carowinds sign in the Plaza Stage area is being taken out to open that area as well. She did confirm that White Water Falls is not coming back, but still will not hint at what my be happening in that area. Katelyn Sherwood form Kings Dominion said the Gravity Group is doing re-tracking work on Rebel Yell. It is the 100 anniversary for their carousel. They are doing the Taste of Virginia this year. Pete Owens from Dollywood said that Dropline is manufactured by FunTime and the seats are from Gerstlauer and should be open by Memorial Day weekend. Steampunk Whistle Chaser is being built where the playground was at by Thunderhead. They are also trying out some extended hours this summer with some nights closing at midnight. He said Lightning Rod has been running good for about a month now. They think hey have the problems worked out. He also said that the roof that they built for the wasp really worked good. Six Flags Fiesta Texas will have a Mardi Gras Parade and festival with 8 custom floats . They are adding a water coaster called Thunder Rapids that should be open Memorial Day Weekend. The rep from Six Flags over Texas could not make it. But they said that The Joker 4D coaster was on schedule. We had lunch from The Varsity food truck. Six Flags over Georgia has made a bet with Six Flags New England for the Super Bowl. If Atlanta wins SFNE will have to rename their flyers "Falcon Flyers" and serve Georgia Peach Cobbler.If New England wins, SFoG will rename their flyers "Patriot Flyers" and have to serve New England Clam Chowder opening weekend. Battle for Metropolis will be open Friday before Memorial Day weekend. They said SFoG construction was ahead of other parks getting the same ride is on purpose. They started SFoG construction early so that Sally Corp. would be able to work on each on at without trying to work on all of them at the same time. Superman is getting repainted but it will only be Blue supports with red track. He said the yellow color on the rails don't hold up well. We then went on a construction tour. I am working on getting the pics up.
By carolinaman
I guess I was kinda rambling on. Thanks for the advice, I will remember that.

Here is a link to the pictures I took Saturday. I also forgot to mention that two game stalls were removed in front of JLBFM and the snack stands there are aslo being redone to match the theming of the area. Cotton States is no longer. Scream Machine, Blue Hawk and the flyers will now be part of the Lick Skillet area.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/136197615@N03/9371qu
By Edwardo
I hear tell that whatever us in the shed should potentially he amazing. And that it isn't a drop a la Verbolten.

Glad to see GG doing some track work in the US.
By coasterbruh
carolinaman wrote:I guess I was kinda rambling on. Thanks for the advice, I will remember that.

Here is a link to the pictures I took Saturday. I also forgot to mention that two game stalls were removed in front of JLBFM and the snack stands there are aslo being redone to match the theming of the area. Cotton States is no longer. Scream Machine, Blue Hawk and the flyers will now be part of the Lick Skillet area.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/136197615@N03/9371qu

Thanks for summing it up for us that couldn't make it.
By Jarsh
"Retracking" isn't the word I'd use for Rebel Yell, lol. The pics the park put up show a good chunk of the top of the lift and drop being rebuilt. Not from the ground up like Thunder Road, but the top third or so was gone.