General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
And to be fair, Blackbeard's Revenge and Surf Club Harbor took up part of TR's footprint.
By FamousAmos
If the RMC (or GCI, Gravity Group, or whatever other) is not for 2018 (and I am safely assuming that Vortex will be converted for next season; given the recent trends), then something for the water park will be in White Water Fall's spot. And the Woodie will go in Dino's area. I could be completely wrong, but this is just what I'm thinking.

There is still slightly more land for a woodie with the removal of White Water Falls rather than the Dino's area, but either is good. There is, however, more terrain in the Dino's area. It would also open up a chance to renovate the South Gate Entrance and make it look similar to North Gate.
By coasterbruh
FamousAmos wrote:If the RMC (or GCI, Gravity Group, or whatever other) is not for 2018

Wait . . . are we really that sure now lol?
By cwgator
Going by that "roadmap" assuming nothing has changed:

2018: Vortex Conversion & Waterslide (s) for Carolina Harbor
2019: New RMC or GCI in WWF spot
2020: Planet Snoopy Expansion/Renovation with DA removal
By coasterbruh
You know that road map is for the chain and not just carowinds . . .
By gabed
Maybe Vortex will never get converted and the roller coaster rework listed for 2018 in the road map is a RMC rework of another park's woodie.

Woaah+_d68a17b6182b4c876c0cff091aa82f96.gif
Woaah+_d68a17b6182b4c876c0cff091aa82f96.gif (2.5 MiB) Viewed 2671 times
By cwgator
coasterbruh wrote:You know that road map is for the chain and not just carowinds . . .

Yes...I know that. That's why I selected Vortex for conversion/re-work for 2018 if that's even in the plans. Previously I had 2018 & 19 switched earlier in this thread.
By Edwardo
cwgator wrote:Going by that "roadmap" assuming nothing has changed:

2018: Vortex Conversion & Waterslide (s) for Carolina Harbor
2019: New RMC or GCI in WWF spot
2020: Planet Snoopy Expansion/Renovation with DA removal

Two things I don't get is why people on this board keep reaching for multiple categories of additions and the Dino removal.

CF hasn't added water slides and a dry ride to any non-seperately gated park yet, nor added slides in the same year as a coaster conversion. You dont blow budgets and marketing like that. Esp when parks are finally being built out to their respective baselines.

As for the dinos, not a single one has left, none seem to be on the chopping block, and in fact they're adding Dinos Alive to cga in the future according to the 10 year plan they released fire that park.

Looking at that roadmap combined with the long term plans released for CGA, And seeing what they've done in the last 3-4 years doesn't show them changing course and deviating from what they've been doing.
By BelowThePeak
I don't see why a park couldn't add both a dry ride and a water ride in the same year. Budget-wise, I don't see it being an issue at all since both additions would be relatively inexpensive, at least compared to building one large coaster.
By Edwardo
Why do parks add rides?

To market the he park and keep people coming/bring people in.

Could they? Sure. But what financial advantage is there to do so? Have they been doing it? Nope. Why? Because there's been no advantage to doing so.

Heck, Cedar Point isn't even adding anything new this year. The separately gated water park is. Why? Because there wasn't an advantage TTY obadd anything to CP. And it's a separate park with a separate budget.

Woulda coulda shoulda is all speculation aslround here while the company has given a crystal clear pattern laid out with their actions and roadmaps.
By coasterbruh
Yeah, the 90's are dead and gone. The days of parks adding multi coasters and the coaster wars are now over. parks are focused more on the experience, quality vs quantity. Im shocked to see the park add 4 rides in one year! Some parks out there haven't added a coaster in years, YEARS and they are doing just fine. Parks realized a coaster ever other year isn't warranted anymore. Even on six flags 4th quarter call, they said something to the tune of spending less on capital.
By Deere839
Cedar Fair and six flags is willing to do Multiple rides or attractions in one year it just depends on the attendance the park gets Examples for Cedar fair is Canadas wonderland doing the new drop pods and the new flat rides this year or knotts berry farm doing 2 new slide complex and that one top scan this year or for six flags example SFFT doing that new slide and parade or the previous year SFOT and SFFT doing those 3 flat rides.