General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
There is an example pretty close to home (Plants vs. Zombies and Carolina Harbor).

Also, Deer has a point. Wonderland is adding Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge. I don't see why Carowinds couldn't do something similar, especially when Cedar Fair has multiple used water slides in their possession.
By Chris
At the risk of getting off topic, what is the status of all of the Geauga Lake waterslides? Which ones opened elsewhere and which ones are still 'yet to be claimed'?
By Edwardo
There were only 2 salvageable coMplexes and one went to a Midwest CF park.

I tell ya what, when Carowinds Does what y'all want in 2-3 years, I'll come back and eat my words.
By CBSpur
I just had a thought, and it may be a stupid one, but if it is I am sure I will quickly be told so. :lol: So, with a lot of the stand-ups being converted to floorless (I believe outside of ours the only B&M stand-ups left in the US are at Six Flag parks) is it not possibly smarter to keep Vortex as a stand-up and market it as one of the few remaining ones in the US? Now, in order to effectively do this I think you would still have to re-brand Vortex. So, a new name and paint job would be needed. This may not be a smart idea, but it was just a thought.

Anyways, my guess for the 2018 season is that we will end up getting the Vortex conversion, and possibly a slide or some work in Planet Snoopy. And then 2019 hopefully get a new Woodie (would personally want an RMC). Just one last thought here... When we do eventually get a new woodie does anyone think there is a chance we could get a launched one like Lightning Rod? We all know Carowinds is in need of a launched coaster, so this could effectively knock out two birds in one stone. I think it would be extremely unlikely, but man that would be great. Especially since they could learn from the maintenance issues that Lightning Rod has had.
By gabed
CBSpur wrote:Just one last thought here... When we do eventually get a new woodie does anyone think there is a chance we could get a launched one like Lightning Rod?

There will be a snowball fight in hell before another launched RMC gets built.
By BS1983CLT
The 2 coasters that I believe Carowinds meeds next is a new woodie and a launch coaster.

I could see the park eventually adding a wing rider or a floorless.
Last edited by BS1983CLT on April 7th, 2017, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gabed
But the park already has 13 flourless coasters. :lol: :sarcasm:
By jeffdavis
Nice to see the typo police keeping everyone in check. :)

I've never ridden a "floorless" coaster so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Well, I've ridden inverts and winged coasters so I guess I have had the floorless experience? My wife has short legs so Fury and Intimidator feel floorless to her.

Can someone clue me in on the floorless experience?
By CarowindsFan
jeffdavis wrote:Nice to see the typo police keeping everyone in check. :)

I've never ridden a "floorless" coaster so I don't know what all the fuss is about. Well, I've ridden inverts and winged coasters so I guess I have had the floorless experience? My wife has short legs so Fury and Intimidator feel floorless to her.

Can someone clue me in on the floorless experience?

The real problem is that little "seat" that sometimes lock into place at an unfortunate height.
Imagine riding a bicycle with no peddles and a seat that is 2 inches too high down a bumpy road. For guys, this can be a problem sometimes.
By gabed
It's a gimmick really. Unless you're in the front row, you really never pay attention to the fact that there isn't a floor beneath you. Now that's not to say they aren't fun rides. Of the three I've ridden, I found them all to be very fun and re-rideable. Rougarou is my favorite, Dominator and Hydra are a blast as well.
By coasterbruh
gabed wrote:
CBSpur wrote:Just one last thought here... When we do eventually get a new woodie does anyone think there is a chance we could get a launched one like Lightning Rod?

There will be a snowball fight in hell before another launched RMC gets built.

based on . . .
By gabed
Unless RMC fabricates their own launch or finds someone else, no one is going to be dumb enough to purchase another one. I freaking love Lightning Rod, heck, it's my number 3. But it's downtime is just awful.