General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
Random question but does anyone have pictures of the construction of Ricochet, Flying Ace or Saturator? Just curious.
By pproteinc
Tried the Burrito Cafe for lunch today. It's pretty good and filling. I had to actually wait and walk around to let my food settle before riding which is not the norm. The burritos are quite big IMO. Plus you can get chips and salsa optional. The bowls and salad are fairly a big size as well.

Afterburn got new seat padding and restraints. I love how Carowinds upkeep the small things other parks do not. I'm sure Fury will get new seat padding this coming off season as the black spot is forming on the seat headrests.
Last edited by pproteinc on April 9th, 2017, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mark40511
Yea - it's nice that they do upkeep on the small stuff. But wouldn't that be CF and not the park itself, since CF owns it I would assume the same could be said for other parks as well, no?

Also, Question about the Top Scan (Electro Spin) - When I look at other TOP scan off ride pov's, it looks like they operate differently. Stopping at the top while rolling, then going around FASTER. I guess the one at Carowinds has the ability to do this but it looks like they've almost made it more "TAME" from what I can tell from the ride cycle on the cam.
By Jonathan
RollerBee wrote:Rcdb.com does except Saturator. A site called Starcoasters did but I ain't sure it exists anymore.

That was my site. Hasn't existed for at least a decade lol. I don't remember having those construction photos but I'll look around for them.
By pproteinc
mark40511 wrote:Yea - it's nice that they do upkeep on the small stuff. But wouldn't that be CF and not the park itself, since CF owns it I would assume the same could be said for other parks as well, no?

Also, Question about the Top Scan (Electro Spin) - When I look at other TOP scan off ride pov's, it looks like they operate differently. Stopping at the top while rolling, then going around FASTER. I guess the one at Carowinds has the ability to do this but it looks like they've almost made it more "TAME" from what I can tell from the ride cycle on the cam.

I'm not sure if it's a park thing or CF thing. I mean Diamondback at KI have the grossest restraints and headrests I ever seen yet its been around longer than Intimidator, which got new padding last season so to me it's more a park thing imo.

As for the Top Scan, indeed they are operated more aggressively than the brother at Carowinds. Then again others like at a fair are actually manually operated and not programmed. Plus we all know Carowinds run rides to satisfy the height restriction they want on rides and lessen the maintenance cost? The wave swinger should be going faster imo as well, but it needs to be reprogrammed as it's weirdly programmed currently.
Last edited by pproteinc on April 11th, 2017, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kirkgun
Yeah, not only are the Top-Scan and Wave-swinger programmed strangely and for very short ride cycles, they forgot the entire backwards half of the cycle on the Himalaya. :wink:
By CBSpur
I typically try to avoid the park over spring break because I've always assumed the crowds would be awful, but I'm planning on taking my 2 young cousins with me this year since they will be out of school and they will enjoy it. How bad a spring break crowds normally?
By pproteinc
I really just got an ear full at the park tonight. You not going to believe what's going in mini golf's spot. Some other things I was able to finesse out of the person during our conversation.

EDIT: Boo Blaster is much better. All of the targets/sensors and lasers are working along with the animatronics.
Last edited by pproteinc on April 11th, 2017, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By RollerBee
pproteinc wrote:I really just got an ear full at the park tonight. You not going to believe what's going in mini golf's spot. Some other things I was Albert to finesse out of the person during our conversation.

Ladder Climb Game, it is marked on the ground and the put up the poles recently.
By redrunner97
The only possible up-charge attraction I can think of that would even remotely interest me (personally) is a Skyscraper. Just about anything beats mini-golf though. :thumbup: Except, of course, rock walls.