General Carowinds discussion
By uscbandfan
Visited the park for the first time this season on Monday. Fury still has that doggone vibration. BAD in row 5. better in row 3. The back row wasn't too bad at all. (Didn't ride the front this trip... maybe next Friday when I'm there again).

I figured I'd try Hurler again because I wrote it off a few years back but, with the talk about improvements, I gave it a go. It was literally like it had square wheels running over potholes. The ride was absolutely HORRIBLE. It is now written off again. To think I used to ride it all the time way back when.

How can a 23 year old ride have such a horrible ride when another woodie that's 51 years old have a great ride (Swamp Fox in Myrtle Beach). Hurler is back at #1 on my do-not-ride list.
By gabed
I rode in the back of the red train last Friday on Hurler and didn't think it was bad at all. No idea what could have caused your ride to be that awful.
By RollerBee
I rode Fury and Hurler last night, trim applied on both. You won't hear no complaints about Fury from me. Back row on Fury, front row on Hurler.

Hurler's trim brake murders most of the airtime but only some of the fun. The ride is rougher when the trim brake applies.

Swamp Fox and Hurler were designed and built by two different companies. Only the trains are the same company.
By Edwardo
Wood coasters are less affected by age than how they're maintained, time of day, rolling stock, and other factors.
By pproteinc
redrunner97 wrote:The only possible up-charge attraction I can think of that would even remotely interest me (personally) is a Skyscraper. Just about anything beats mini-golf though. :thumbup: Except, of course, rock walls.

Definately not a skyscraper though I wish it was, it is rather on the physical side. :) You're warm lol.

I rode Hurler last night around 9:30. The trims didn't take as I guess it was cooler out than earlier. The ride was flying though ever turn. I had a great ride.
Last edited by pproteinc on April 12th, 2017, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sean978
pproteinc wrote:
redrunner97 wrote:The only possible up-charge attraction I can think of that would even remotely interest me (personally) is a Skyscraper. Just about anything beats mini-golf though. :thumbup: Except, of course, rock walls.

Definately not a skyscraper though I wish it was, it is rather on the physical side. :) y You're warm lol.

Dueling SlingShots!?!?!?! :shock: :shock:

:sarcasm:
By RollerBee
pproteinc wrote:

Definately not a skyscraper though I wish it was, it is rather on the physical side. :) You're warm lol.

I rode Hurler last night around 9:30. The trims didn't take as I guess it was cooler out than earlier. The ride was flying though ever turn. I had a great ride.

Odd, I rode about the same time and the trims applied. Do you remember which train you rode?
By pproteinc
BelowThePeak wrote:So there's no chance of a coaster going in WWF's spot? What a waste of real estate if that's true...

I didn't say that as what they are putting next to or behind the ladder game will not take up that much space.
By Chris
Zipline through the park?

Edited to add: It would be the most pointless zipline ever. Hey, look. A waterslide. From above. I doubt it, but hey... people are stupid enough to pay for it.
Last edited by Chris on April 12th, 2017, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By coasterbruh
I'm reminded of an old phrase, "those who know don't . . ." Oh forget it.