General Carowinds discussion
By redrunner97
I could care less what happens with Vortex as long as the park moves it out of the way so there will be room over the lake for a brand spankin' new launched flying coaster (which I've heard B&M is working on... and would kill two birds with one stone) to take the place of Nighthawk! : 8)
By RRRAPIDS
Sorry, but Nighthawk Is still popular with the GP. Plus, it's one of the top 4 coasters in the park. Now eventually, that ride will probably be demolished, but they will keep that baby running for now. So with that being said, I could never see them tearing down 2 coasters to just build one mega coaster. I feel the park is done with removing attractions for now.
By mark40511
A B&M flyer (launched or non launched) would certainly be much MUCH MUCH better than Nighthawk.
If I had my way (LOL), they would get rid of vortex and get a launched coaster or a GREAT woodie. But since that's probably not going to happen, might as well re-do Vortex to a floorless with new colors.

NIghthawk is the biggest mystery when reading comments on Youtube. One person says it's awful and rough, someone will reply to that person saying they are crazy, it's not rough and it's great, the next person will disagree, the next person will agree. I see this so much. I think a LOT more people like Nighthawk than anyone thinks. So I'm not surprised it's popular with the GP.
By jeffdavis
Vortex still has an appeal as a unique experience so sometimes it will have a crowd, but I believe the lines get long primarily because of the slow loading, much like Nighthawk.
By coasterbruh
For the chain as a whole, I predict 4 of them . . .
By RRRAPIDS
Intimidator, and (especially Nighthawk) can benefit from lockers. It will help with dispatch times. That's mainly Nighthawk's problem. We have to wait for people to empty out all change and loose articles. Let's not even get on operators who are not paying attention, and informing riders ahead of time to when and how to secure there articles. It's about consistency & efficiency.
By RRRAPIDS
As hot as it is in this park today, there is no way we should be down to 1 water ride. Especially in the Carolinas. We need another water attraction. It's ridiculous how other parks have at least 3.
By RollerBee
RRRAPIDS wrote:As hot as it is in this park today, there is no way we should be down to 1 water ride. Especially in the Carolinas. We need another water attraction. It's ridiculous how other parks have at least 3.

Is Rapids open today? Last time I was there, the ride had a sign that said Late Spring.
By jeffdavis
It didn't look open on the webcam earlier, but it looked like they are getting it ready. I read somewhere of a May opening.

Just be patient, the waterpark will open soon! :)
By cwgator
RRRAPIDS wrote:As hot as it is in this park today, there is no way we should be down to 1 water ride. Especially in the Carolinas. We need another water attraction. It's ridiculous how other parks have at least 3.

I'll agree the park needs another water ride in the dry park. However many other large/well known parks only have 2:
    Cedar Point: 2 (had 3)
    Kings Dominion: 2 (had 3)
    Knott's Berry Farm: 2 (had 3)
    Valleyfair!: 2
    Canada's Wonderland: 2 (had 3)
    Busch Gardens Tampa: 2 (had 3)
    SeaWorld Orlando: 1 (2 as of next year)
    SeaWorld Sand Antonio: 2 (had 3)
    SeaWorld San Diego: 2
    Six Flags America: 2
    Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: 2
    Six Flags Great Adventure: 2
    The Great Escape: 2
    LaRonde: 2
    Kentucky Kingdom: 2
    Hersheypark: 2
    Holiday World: 2
    Silverwood: 2
    Magic Springs: 2
    Wild Adventures: 2 (had 3)
    Elitch Gardens: 2
    Disneyland: 2 (Between 2 parks)
    Walt Disney World: 2 (between 4 parks)
    Universal Studios Hollywood: 1
    Six Flags New England: 1
    Universal Studois Florida: 0...since most combine with IOA it doesn't matter)
It seems they are slowly going away as more water park expansions happen and/or technical nightmares (like Shoot The Rapids @ CP). As far as the above list, there were likely more that once had more than 2, I just didn't know much about the history of them.
By coasterbruh
C'mon, universal and Disney parks are entities of their own where nearly every one of their attractions are indoors and air conditioned. No one really goes to these parks looking for water attractions to cool them down.
By cwgator
coasterbruh wrote:C'mon, universal and Disney parks are entities of their own where nearly every one of their attractions are indoors and air conditioned. No one really goes to these parks looking for water attractions to cool them down.

I just included them so they wouldn't feel left out...lol I think I had way too much time on my hands this evening...lol