General Carowinds discussion
By KIJester
"Anyone seen the Taron? I know it's Intamin but it's awesome. Would love to have something like that. It's a small footprint and also a launch. (I'd rather have it boost launch than launch from a standing start though."

^Yes Please!!
By coasterbruh
To me, what makes taron special is the enormous amount themeing that went into the coaster.
By wrbcltnc
coasterbruh wrote:To me, what makes taron special is the enormous amount themeing that went into the coaster.

Totally agree. any coaster that is not just plopped on the ground is more interesting. After Burn is a great ride but the way it works with the terrain just kicks it up several notches.
By Sfgatim06
With it now being June and no land clearing or significant construction happening I feel like a coaster isn't going to happen. Although that's what I've heard was on the books, just can't see it happening as of now.

What is the general agreed upon rumor? If there is one. .
By cwgator
Updating my former thoughts, I think it's safe to say a coaster isn't in the works for 2018...unless it's a Vortex conversion.
By RollerBee
Land clearing for Borg didn't start until late July and didn't ramp up until August, Cobra started in August or September, Thunder Road didn't start demo until August.
By coasterbruh
Edwardo wrote:Who's books? There will be four new coasters next year. Not hard to figure out where.

It's like talking to a brick wall . . .
By Sfgatim06
I just can't see a vortex conversion either. That would be a waste of capital to me.

Isn't the Dino's contract up this year? It was a five year agreement if I remember correctly. That's a lot of space adjacent to planet snoopy.
By Kineticmind
Sfgatim06 wrote:With it now being June and no land clearing or significant construction happening I feel like a coaster isn't going to happen. Although that's what I've heard was on the books, just can't see it happening as of now.

What is the general agreed upon rumor? If there is one. .

Keep in mind that White Water Falls land, along with the land for the adjacent Sand Dune Lagoon (which could easily be removed), looks to be enough for a B&M Dive Coaster. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
By Edwardo
Anyone that doesn't think a Vortex conversion is coming is delusional at this point. It mmmmay not happen, but it's highly likely.

As for the dinos, some parks have reupped their dinos already. It'll be interesting to see who n gets rid of theirs first.
By RollerBee
I think we can pretty much say Whitewater Falls was just a case of the budget was needed for the new County Fair.