Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By cwgator
Kraken Unleashed Entrance:
We checked to see what they have done to Kraken. It wasn't running at the moment because of the weather. Posted wait time? 405 minutes....with a virtual queue...laughable...lol I honestly really don't care for the new look overall. I do like the tentacles, but that's about it. I know many thought the old head was cheesy, but it completed the entrance plaza to me. I wish they would have made a new head to go with the tentacles. They also had the area closed off where the eggs used to be and where you could view the corkscrew at the ride exit. Hopefully they will open it back up a little more once things get smooth with all this. You can see the Spot Saver reserve area to the right of the entrance above.

While waiting for a show, I thought I would find out how long the wait was for Kraken Unleashed. I had no intentions of riding knowing it was going to be a crazy wait. Plus I couldn't care less about the VR anyway. As you can see in the pic above it was 1:52pm and the next available time was 8:25. Um no thanks with or without VR. This whole Spot Saver thing sounds great in theory, but it's just horribly being executed due to the extensive load & unload process. You can't reserve a specific time, just what it gives you. Also you can only reserve your spot once inside the park either from your phone or at the Spot Saver reservation area by the queue entrance. Currently that is the only way to even get a ride as they aren't using the regular queue at the moment. I have heard they open it up for stand-by closer to closing, but I didn't see for myself.
By Chris
As incredible as Mystic Timbers was, this looks like the best new ride of the year! Of course I can't say for sure until I actually ride Mine Blower.
By Chris
I was able to get the Invadr credit yesterday. Not too shabby. If this was around when I was a kid, I would have thought it was the most intense thing ever! Even though it's not a 'big boy' GCI, it still packs a small punch. I think it takes my #10 spot on my wood poll. Cannonball at Lake Winnie now falls off the poll. :cry:

Wood
1. Lightning Rod
2. Mystic Timbers
3. El Toro
4. Lightning Racer
5. Thunderhead
6. Wild One
7. Grizzly
8. Dania Beach Hurricane
9. Beast
10. Invadr
By Chris
Would you have thought it would be higher or lower? If higher, meh... I liked the ride and all but it's a two trick pony (speed and helix) in my opinion. Great coaster and two great tricks, but I want a little more out of a wooden coaster.

If lower, my night ride is the reason it's number 9. The speed made it feel so out of control at night.
By coasterbruh
You're really excited about this place . . .
By pproteinc
Chris wrote:Would you have thought it would be higher or lower? If higher, meh... I liked the ride and all but it's a two trick pony (speed and helix) in my opinion. Great coaster and two great tricks, but I want a little more out of a wooden coaster.

If lower, my night ride is the reason it's number 9. The speed made it feel so out of control at night.

I remember my first ride on the beast in 1998 after just coming into the whole coaster enthusiast world and hearing all the hype about it. I got off feeling like meh what's the hype all about and how is this "legendary" other than the fact it's the longest wooden coaster. Other than that it's a straightaway with two massive helixes. Maybe that was high thrill for the generation before me because I was so underwhelmed. Night rides are cool I guess.
By pproteinc
Why? It's a North vs South beef going on? How does Dorney get lights and WoF and Carowinds not? I give up. lol. I do like the color. It's a breath of fresh air from the burgundy and gold.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMMb8adoeg4&sns=em[/youtube]