General Carowinds discussion
By Maverick44
Too bad Huss wasn't doing well or I'd like to see a revamped Topple Tower somewhere in the park!! Sorry to get off the subject that is currently being chatted about.
By coasterbruh
cadi40 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:Knotts is easily accessible from the road whether you're walking or driving. Don't know how much it affects it but I think having it easily accessible makes more non park goers inclined to visit.

I don't think Knott's Shopping Center has really any one visiting except ones that go to the park. I would want something big enough to attract shoppers.

You don't think, however I know. Which is why they offered free parking for a couple of hours for people visiting just the shops. . .
By redrunner97
tarheel1231 wrote:That Carolina Cyclone logo is gorgeous.

I'm sure the park could come up with something just as gorgeous if/when they decide to finally restore Cyclone to its former glory... but, if not, consider that logo I made to be in the public domain! :D

Regardless, I hope they're not planning on giving it the Thunder Road-treatment when its 40th birthday rolls around... that'd be so disappointing (to say the least). All it needs a little bit of love, something that can vastly improve the Cyclone experience.

FamousAmos wrote:Something else to add to your new Carolina Cyclone is this:

Put a building over the helix in the end and remove that mound of dirt in the center to open it all up. Use wind, rain, light, and sound effects to create the illusion of a real cyclone as sort of a finale to the ride.

I did add that to my Cyclone wish list (because I sincerely hope the folk at Carowinds end up reading it), in addition to a plaque explaining the ride's historical significance as the first coaster to invert four times.
By cadi40
coasterbruh wrote:
cadi40 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:Knotts is easily accessible from the road whether you're walking or driving. Don't know how much it affects it but I think having it easily accessible makes more non park goers inclined to visit.

I don't think Knott's Shopping Center has really any one visiting except ones that go to the park. I would want something big enough to attract shoppers.

You don't think, however I know. Which is why they offered free parking for a couple of hours for people visiting just the shops. . .

How do you know. The only place I know of which gets visitors out of the park is there restaurant.
By coasterbruh
I dunno, maybe because I have taken several trips there and witnessed it for myself? Now, how do YOU know no one is visiting the shops but people who are going to the parks . . . i'll wait.
By RollerBee
coasterbruh wrote:I dunno, maybe because I have taken several trips there and witnessed it for myself? Now, how do YOU know no one is visiting the shops but people who are going to the parks . . . i'll wait.

Plaza Fiesta/Carolina Mall was quite unpopular. While Cabela's is surprisingly busy, I don't think that Carowinds can support a shopping area outside the park, there again I don't think the park can support another hotel; I believe the hotel market around Carowinds is already tapped out.
By coasterbruh
But if carowinds offers incentives and safety, as you know the hotels around the parks are kinda shabby, it could very well thrive.
By Edwardo
cadi40 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:
cadi40 wrote:I don't think Knott's Shopping Center has really any one visiting except ones that go to the park. I would want something big enough to attract shoppers.

How do you know. The only place I know of which gets visitors out of the park is there restaurant.

How often have you been? Every trip I've seen people stopping for food and shipping. My supervisor is from OC and shopping there is literally a local thing.
By cadi40
Edwardo wrote:
cadi40 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:You don't think, however I know. Which is why they offered free parking for a couple of hours for people visiting just the shops. . .

How often have you been? Every trip I've seen people stopping for food and shipping. My supervisor is from OC and shopping there is literally a local thing.

Twice. I know people out there too, I have been told it's mostly powered by the Restaurant since it's historical.
By Yosoleboricua
I have an idea for the refurbishment of Carolina Cyclone. Other than repaint and new trains, they should highly theme the queque and station around a mission to stop a cyclone from causing destruction In the Carolinas, and bring VR to Carolina cyclone . The VR can play a jet plane flying thru a cyclone and stopping it. Theme the Station into a Rescue Station enclosed with A/C.
By coasterbruh
Speaking of VR, I wonder if carowinds will ever jump on the band wagon. Only Cedar Point has done it right?
By Edwardo
cadi40 wrote:
Edwardo wrote:
cadi40 wrote:How do you know. The only place I know of which gets visitors out of the park is there restaurant.

Twice. I know people out there too, I have been told it's mostly powered by the Restaurant since it's historical.

Someone must be stopping because they offer free short term parking and they're staying in business.
By Yosoleboricua
coasterbruh wrote:Speaking of VR, I wonder if carowinds will ever jump on the band wagon. Only Cedar Point has done it right?

Which Ride hada VR in Cedar Point? I was thinking maybe Carowinds could have had Cedar Fairs first VR. Personally not the biggest fan of it but it's popular and would add excitement to a classic ride.
By coasterbruh
If i'm not mistaken, I think iron dragon got it this year?
By Yosoleboricua
That's right they did do Iron dragon. I'd like to see VR at Carowinds on one of the Orlder rides like Cyclone, Gold Rusher or Even Vortex because imo that layout is too small , a conversion won't do it justice if they can do VR and floorless that be better. Or do VR on Goldrusher or theme it to something similar like seven dwarfs at Disney.