General Carowinds discussion
By cwgator
Mantis/Rougarou is also located in a park that has harsh winters compared to Carowinds. Vortex is also considerable smaller.
Last edited by cwgator on August 2nd, 2017, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Maverick44
Correct. But repainting a coaster is very time consuming. My step father was a union painter for 40 years. I can understand why they started early.
By cwgator
If BGT can repaint Kumba in 30 days or less (when they do a refurbishment) & more complex terrain, a 90 foot tall 2040 ft length Vortex on pretty flat land would likely take less.
By Maverick44
I am guessing with CF and the company they use it could be different. I don't work for those painting companies. Maybe they are not doing anything with the ride. Maybe they are going to keep the same colors on the coaster and just add new trains. We have no idea without anything confirmed. You also may be right as well since is much smaller then Rougarou. I also can't comment on BGT because I don't following them much.
By FamousAmos
Repainting coasters do take a lot of time, but with the size of Vortex, I would just assume that we wouldn't see anything until early September. Maybe mid to late August at the earliest.
Speaking of painting roller coasters, during the off season I'm gonna see if I can work with the contractors who come in the park to paint, so I can still have a job when we are closed :lol:
By Chris
FamousAmos wrote:but with the size of Vortex, I would just assume that we wouldn't see anything until early September.

But why? You said past trends but past trends don't prove that. Where are you getting this 'September' info from? Work?
By FamousAmos
I'm not getting it from anywhere :lol:
I'm merely just guessing.
If I did know anything I'm smart enough to keep my trap shut. :mrgreen:
By CCookieMonster
Well they did just release the "Less Floor. More Freedom" thing on twitter, but they could just be saying Afterburn is a great ride and messing with our heads. But they could also be giving us a hint that Vortex will go floorless which would be advertised as a new coaster, but it would also bring more people from all ages to Carowinds (thrill coaster and Camp Snoopy).
By Chris
CCookieMonster wrote:Well they did just release the "Less Floor. More Freedom" thing on twitter, but they could just be saying Afterburn is a great ride and messing with our heads. But they could also be giving us a hint that Vortex will go floorless which would be advertised as a new coaster, but it would also bring more people from all ages to Carowinds (thrill coaster and Camp Snoopy).

It's not happening. You asked. I answered. Sorry that it's not what you wanted to hear.
By Chris
CCookieMonster wrote:Sorry, but I still have the freedom of speech, just like you do. Not to be rude

I don't think anyone said you didn't have freedom of speech? :eh: