General Carowinds discussion
By IntimidationNation
RollerBee wrote:About time, that maze hung around way too long.

After they revamped Asylum, I believe Defexs was the most detailed and intense mazes at the park. If guests still liked it, don't fix what isn't broke.
By RollerBee
IntimidationNation wrote:
RollerBee wrote:About time, that maze hung around way too long.

After they revamped Asylum, I believe Defexs was the most detailed and intense mazes at the park. If guests still liked it, don't fix what isn't broke.

Sorry I never noticed an improvement to Defex, since 2011 Defex seemed to be the same every year and very rememberable from year to year. I personally like the mazes that I don't remember everything that happens, Defex was too predictable for me.
By Mootoo27
Danny Boy123 wrote:The name of the new maze is Depths of Darkness.

So where did this name come from I've heard it before I just want to know where it came from
By Danny Boy123
Go to the link to buy scarowinds tickets then go to attractions and mazes and depths of darkness comes up as the new maze name.
By cadi40
The Freeway gets super backed up on Saturday Nights with Scarowinds. I waited in at least an hour before I got to the park just on that freeway.
By Mootoo27
Danny Boy123 wrote:Go to the link to buy scarowinds tickets then go to attractions and mazes and depths of darkness comes up as the new maze name.

Ok thanks
By tinotoot
Depths of Darkness might not be the new name. From the hints we've seen on social media platforms it seems the new maze is an upgrade to Defex. So I think it's still going to be about dolls, thus the name doesn't fit the theme. Then again, I could be wrong! If it is Depths of Darkness then..what do you guys think that entails? Could it be anything like Blackout at KI? Or maybe it's a flashlight maze like the new Trick or Treat at Knott's..
By Mootoo27
tinotoot wrote:Depths of Darkness might not be the new name. From the hints we've seen on social media platforms it seems the new maze is an upgrade to Defex. So I think it's still going to be about dolls, thus the name doesn't fit the theme. Then again, I could be wrong! If it is Depths of Darkness then..what do you guys think that entails? Could it be anything like Blackout at KI? Or maybe it's a flashlight maze like the new Trick or Treat at Knott's..

It would be fantastic if it was like the new Trick or Treat but still it's unlikely. And with the Depths of Darkness name on the website it could be just a stand in, but other haunt websites like Knotts all have coming soon or yet to be announced. But considering each maze has a backstory my guess is that Depths of Darkness stand for some sort of abounded part of the factory and at the end of the seccond teaser it says "we're going dark..."
Last edited by Mootoo27 on August 5th, 2017, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By redrunner97
Why didn't they just change London Terror to Ripper Street. It's cooler, scarier, has less of an... enema... connotation, and way more people know about Jack the Ripper than the Demon Barber.
By Mootoo27
Speaking of scarezones with the expansion of the new county fair looks like there's not enough room for blood yard which has been confirmed this year so it opens up the question of what will happen to it.